rallan15
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi everyone 🙋*♀️
My names Becca and I am doing 4 Highers and 1 National 5 this year. I dropped out of school 2 weeks into the start of term as it just wasn't the right place for me to be and I could tell I wasn't going to do my best. I'm now studying 5 subjects at home with the help of tutors.

National 5 results 2018/19 -
Chemistry - D, this was my worst result and it sounds terrible but for me it was amazing as I had really struggled with Chemistry. I never got higher than 30% on an assessment even with loads of revision and I got an F in the prelim so do get a D in the final exam was really good.
Spanish - C, I was very disappointed with my Spanish grade I was aiming for a B so I should have done better. I got a C in the prelim so I'm not entirely annoyed as I didn't get any worse.
Classics - B, I was really annoyed with this result as I was 1 mark away from an A in the prelim so I actually got worse but I have to remember that a B is still pretty good even if I could have got an A.
Latin - B, I was pleased with this result I got a similar result in the prelim so while it wasn't a big difference it was still good.
English - A, I was happy with this result I got an A in the prelim too but I did pick up marks in my final exam which was great. My folio received 21/30 which was a nice surprise too!
Modern Studies - A, this was my best result and also the biggest surprise, I was practically crying when I read this result! I only got a D (42%) in my prelim and I somehow managed to achieve and A (72%) in my final exam! I was so happy to get such a good result as Mods is my favourite subject and I felt like I had let myself down in the prelim.

Highers and grades I'm aiming for 2019/20 -
- English A
- Modern Studies A
- Classics A
- History A
- Maths (Nat 5) B

Future Studies -
Course - MA History
University - Edinburgh
Entry Requirements - AABB

Course - War and Society BA
University - Swansea
Entry Requirements - 120 UCAS points (AABB, AAAC)

Outwith Studying -
-I Horse Ride 3 times a week 🐴
-I have a part time job which I go to 2-3 times a week either 10:30am-5:50pm or 8am-2pm 👩*🍳
-Watch Netflix!
-I am hoping to join Police Scotland Youth Volunteers 👮*♀️
-I swim when I have time 🏊*♀️

If you've got to the end thank you for reading! I'll try and blog once a week on Sundays starting this Sunday! Speak to you in 2 days 😊
username4591252
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Awwww I hope chemistry gets better. I find past paper questions to be the best way to revise and use the mark scheme properly ... don't ignore you mistakes but focus on them and see what you were missing out. Also continue with your gyg, you sound real interesting ngl ..... I'm doing med so we're like polar opposites! Good luck with everything!
rallan15
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by FlawlessChicken)
Awwww I hope chemistry gets better. I find past paper questions to be the best way to revise and use the mark scheme properly ... don't ignore you mistakes but focus on them and see what you were missing out. Also continue with your gyg, you sound real interesting ngl ..... I'm doing med so we're like polar opposites! Good luck with everything!
I've always struggled with Chemistry which is a shame as I've also always loved it! I've not done a gyg before so hopefully it will go well. Med is hard so good luck with that!
brainzistheword
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
As FlawlessChicken has said, you sound really interesting; great hobbies and quite a different path through education. I wish you every success and can't wait to follow your GYG journey
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (676)
33.65%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.61%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.21%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed