Jimii
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
How many links should I include, as a minimum, for my poetry controlled assessment? My teacher never specified
izaakha
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi, I did WJEC for my GCSEs. Please can you explain what you mean by links? Are you referring to the comparison of two poems, as you only need to compare it to one other poem>?
Jimii
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
My teacher told us we need to write connections between two poems without analysing the whole poems. I was wondering how many links is good?
izaakha
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Oh, I think I know what you mean. In the exam for section one you have to look at one poem, and you would include the sections - message, plot/content, context, language and structure - that is what the examiners are looking for. I think your teacher is now looking at section two where you need to compare with another poem from the same category. I am presuming this is some sort of revision resource - I did mine as a table with the sections previously stated and included about 4 points in each - I had two columns per sections, one with similarities and another with differences. I have attached one of my comparisons from when I did my GCSE in May.

Hope this helps.
Attached files
Zahra22025
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hello , Do you have any more comparison links for the poems
izaakha
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Attached are all of the ones that I did for GCSE. There are more GCSE resources, all free, on my TES page: www.tes.com/teaching-resources/shop/izaakha_7
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (108)
59.67%
No (38)
20.99%
Not sure (35)
19.34%

Watched Threads