The Student Room Group

How to pass Higher Maths with a A/B?

Hello, I want to pass maths with a B as I am applying to Dentistry and it will be useful.
I got a B in my nat 5.
In terms of higher, I don't understand some of the things we are doing and I got 12/25 on my first test which is bad.
I am very sciency person and also taking advanced higher chemistry and biology, but don't seem to be getting on good with maths.
Any tips?
(edited 4 years ago)
When going through past papers, look up DLB Maths on Youtube. He explains everything really well and often you can see where you messed up/what you missed out, and covers past papers from as far back as the early 2000's. Otherwise, I can't remember what site it's on (HSN i think?), but there are Higher Maths notes which are really useful, even if you just read through them. There's not much I can recommend except a lot of practice and asking when you don't understand something. Don't be discouraged by your score right now - it might not be what you want right now but often, class tests just don't reflect what you'll get in the final exam. Good luck.
I got a B for Higher Maths. I got a tutor and he went over all the past papers with me from the start of the term to the finish.

Quick Reply

Latest