The Student Room Group

Tuition Loans for Academic Year 2012/2013

Hopefully someone from Student Finance sees this. I studied in academic year 12/13 at Plymouth but was told after I had taken my confirmation letter to the university that Student Finance wouldn't be covering my tuition loan as I had studied for the 2 years prior (I hadn't). At the time the people at Student Finance wouldn't budge and refused to look into the matter properly so I became responsible for my own tuition fees that year.

A few weeks ago I received a phone call from The Student Loans Company telling me they had investigated my account and found that I had in fact not studied for those 2 years and would be able to cover my tuition costs for that year. Great news.

So after discussing with Plymouth Uni about recovering the fees I'd paid to then this far I sent them the loan confirmation letter.

So now to the crux of my issue . As is usual the fees loan is split into three parts, 2 lots of £2250 and one lot of £4500. The second payment dated the 25th September is currently marked as paid, the third payment dated the 5th October is marked payment in progress however the first payment, marked 18th September is still showing as "Awaiting Confirmation". Now do I need to contact Student Finance to reschedule that payment or will it automatically reschedule once the third payment has cleared? I only ask since Plymouth Uni won't repay me the money now owed to me untill the full tuition payment has been covered via Student Finance.
Original post by ZeroAbbadon
Hopefully someone from Student Finance sees this. I studied in academic year 12/13 at Plymouth but was told after I had taken my confirmation letter to the university that Student Finance wouldn't be covering my tuition loan as I had studied for the 2 years prior (I hadn't). At the time the people at Student Finance wouldn't budge and refused to look into the matter properly so I became responsible for my own tuition fees that year.

A few weeks ago I received a phone call from The Student Loans Company telling me they had investigated my account and found that I had in fact not studied for those 2 years and would be able to cover my tuition costs for that year. Great news.

So after discussing with Plymouth Uni about recovering the fees I'd paid to then this far I sent them the loan confirmation letter.

So now to the crux of my issue . As is usual the fees loan is split into three parts, 2 lots of £2250 and one lot of £4500. The second payment dated the 25th September is currently marked as paid, the third payment dated the 5th October is marked payment in progress however the first payment, marked 18th September is still showing as "Awaiting Confirmation". Now do I need to contact Student Finance to reschedule that payment or will it automatically reschedule once the third payment has cleared? I only ask since Plymouth Uni won't repay me the money now owed to me untill the full tuition payment has been covered via Student Finance.

Hi there,

You need to contact the university to inform them they have not sent Confirmation of Attendance for term 1.

Thanks,
Nihad

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending