hun pls it wont hold you back dont be so dramatic
Euphoria101
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by cheerIeader)
hun pls it wont hold you back dont be so dramatic
Didn’t you create 39848584 threads about the same issue?
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
So much that confuses me about this thread.

To begin to make sense of it, are you now doing an LLB Law with American studies degree at Sussex? If so, that course will not hold you back from getting a training contract, there is no reason to drop out on that account. Also, the year abroad? I don't understand why you applied because a study year abroad appealed but it now doesn't :confused: If you have changed your mind about the American studies part of your degree, why don't you start by talking to the departmental staff about switching to a straight LLB course at Sussex? That would surely be less disruptive than dropping out and reapplying next year.
Last edited by harrysbar; 4 months ago
cheerIeader
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by dyingstudent101)
Didn’t you create 39848584 threads about the same issue?
um no because i didnt get A*AA to begin with LOL if i had i'd personally call my own ass out for being dramatic
Euphoria101
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
um no because i didnt get A*AA to begin with LOL if i had i'd personally call my own ass out for being dramatic
No. I mean you created several threads about one issue but for some reason kept making new threads about it
cheerIeader
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
No. I mean you created several threads about one issue but for some reason kept making new threads about it
yeah no one was giving sufficient advice
J Papi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
How many alts are you currently on luv
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
yeah no one was giving sufficient advice
hun pls
cheerIeader
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by J Papi)
How many alts are you currently on luv
u r being really misogynistic right now
cheerIeader
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
hun pls
hun pls you have hurt my feelings on too many posts
J Papi
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
u r being really misogynistic right now
if you say so :confused:

My question to one of your other identical threads was clear: if you want us to gauge your chances of admission at better unis, you need to tell us which unis you're considering. You ignored it. Now you're calling me a misogynist. Not nice.
cheerIeader
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
if you say so :confused:

My question to one of your other identical threads was clear: if you want us to gauge your chances of admission at better unis, you need to tell us which unis you're considering. You ignored it. Now you're calling me a misogynist. Not nice.
oh sorry if i didn't reply to your message on any previous threads. i got into my insurance leicester and turned up but really didn't like it too much and found it too party/club orientated which isn't my vibe at all. i did decide to take a gap year to resit one a-level & i've contacted several russell groups about whether resits are susceptible and most of them are fine with me doing just one subject over to summarise. but thanks for ur support i must have overlooked it i do appreciate it xx

(also this isnt my thread lol)
Last edited by cheerIeader; 4 months ago
J Papi
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
x
Okay... so which unis are you going to apply to? Whether you made the right choice all depends on that. No point in dropping out of Sussex to go to QUB or Soton or something.
cheerIeader
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Okay... so which unis are you going to apply to? Whether you made the right choice all depends on that. No point in dropping out of Sussex to go to QUB or Soton or something.
so i left leicester & im thinking of applying to newcastle, sheffield, liverpool, leeds and manchester?

i haven't solidified my options yet but along those lines but you're completely right. i think for me the biggest setback was the single poor grade which i literally couldnt find myself looking past, the university not being very respectable for the course which led me to lack passion and drive to actually give the degree 100%. i think this might be the best option.
Euphoria101
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
oh sorry if i didn't reply to your message on any previous threads. i got into my insurance leicester and turned up but really didn't like it too much and found it too party/club orientated which isn't my vibe at all. i did decide to take a gap year to resit one a-level & i've contacted several russell groups about whether resits are susceptible and most of them are fine with me doing just one subject over to summarise. but thanks for ur support i must have overlooked it i do appreciate it xx

(also this isnt my thread lol)
You got into Leicester w ABD?

Not even surprised
cheerIeader
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
You got into Leicester w ABD?

Not even surprised
yes xx i have a very strong academic record & i've volunteered a **** ton so that may have given weight to the acceptance but overall i just didn't feel worthy of the place and like i could do better at the same time.
J Papi
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
so i left leicester & im thinking of applying to newcastle, sheffield, liverpool, leeds and manchester?

i haven't solidified my options yet but along those lines but you're completely right. i think for me the biggest setback was the single poor grade which i literally couldnt find myself looking past, the university not being very respectable for the course which led me to lack passion and drive to actually give the degree 100%. i think this might be the best option.
Alright, can you actually summarise your predicted grades, achieved grades and life achievements because no one seems to have a clue as to what's going on
Euphoria101
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
yes xx i have a very strong academic record & i've volunteered a **** ton so that may have given weight to the acceptance but overall i just didn't feel worthy of the place and like i could do better at the same time.
I’m not questioning your acceptance, I genuinely wasn’t even surprised. I know friends with much lower grades that got in for law through clearing to Leicester.
cheerIeader
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Alright, can you actually summarise your predicted grades, achieved grades and life achievements because no one seems to have a clue as to what's going on
just to clarify this isnt even my post but SURE

my predicted grades were A*AA
my achieved grades were ABD (with extenuating circumstances i'm devastated)

& i've volunteered for charities, done duke of edinburgh, written an assignment (similar to EPQ). so i'm retaking to improve the D grade ;(

i'm also working to gain legal experience + work during my gap year and then reapply. x
Last edited by cheerIeader; 4 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (227)
67.56%
No (109)
32.44%

Watched Threads