Please help! Law at Coventry university?

Watch
username3739882
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m unsure about making Coventry university my firm choice. I’ve heard mixed reviews and I need more information and opinions.
J Papi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
When are you starting the course?
username3739882
Rep:
?
Hopefully 2020. I’m in year 13 and I have booked an open day but I really wanted an outsiders opinion first.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Aqsx)
I’m unsure about making Coventry university my firm choice. I’ve heard mixed reviews and I need more information and opinions.
What are your A level predictions and where else are you considering?
username3739882
Rep:
?
(Original post by harrysbar)
What are your A level predictions and where else are you considering?
My predictions are Bs and I’m hoping I do better. I’m not sure where else yet
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Aqsx)
With BBB predictions, you will have more options in Law than you might think. These are some of the unis that were advertising vacancies for Law in Clearing this year:

Leicester uni LLB vacancies BBB, reportedly accepted ABD
Southampton LLB vacancies ABB reportedly accepted BBC
Exeter vacancies for LLB at BBB (or BCC with Business) at Penryn
(those who missed their offer by even one grade got revised offer at Penryn)
Lancaster LLB vacancies BBB
Queens Uni Belfast LLB ABC/BBB
Surrey LLB vacancies at BBB/BBC
Sussex LLB vacancies at BBC
Kent LLB vacancies at BBC/BCC UEA, RHUL, Keele, Hull LLB vacancies (grades not known)
Reading reportedly went down to BCD
Keele LLB vacancies at BBC
Sheffield LLB vacancies at AAA/AAB
Sheffield Hallam BBC
QMUL indicative grade requirement of AAA
SOAS LLB BBB/BBC
City Uni LLB BBC/BCC
Aston LLB Law & Management BBC
Oxford Brookes LLB 96 UCAS points
Newcastle LLB ABB
Cardiff .....LLB ABB reportedly BBC
Swansea......LLB negotiable
Liverpool LLB only in early Clearing for those achieving BBB reportedly BBC
username3739882
Rep:
?
oh my gosh. I want to marry you now. Thank you sooo much.
I’m from Birmingham so I’m looking for something near. Leicester’s website does say A’s as well but I’ll make sure to find out more on the open day. Thank you once again.

(Original post by harrysbar)
With BBB predictions, you will have more options in Law than you might think. These are some of the unis that were advertising vacancies for Law in Clearing this year:

Leicester uni LLB vacancies BBB, reportedly accepted ABD
Southampton LLB vacancies ABB reportedly accepted BBC
Exeter vacancies for LLB at BBB (or BCC with Business) at Penryn
(those who missed their offer by even one grade got revised offer at Penryn)
Lancaster LLB vacancies BBB
Queens Uni Belfast LLB ABC/BBB
Surrey LLB vacancies at BBB/BBC
Sussex LLB vacancies at BBC
Kent LLB vacancies at BBC/BCC UEA, RHUL, Keele, Hull LLB vacancies (grades not known)
Reading reportedly went down to BCD
Keele LLB vacancies at BBC
Sheffield LLB vacancies at AAA/AAB
Sheffield Hallam BBC
QMUL indicative grade requirement of AAA
SOAS LLB BBB/BBC
City Uni LLB BBC/BCC
Aston LLB Law & Management BBC
Oxford Brookes LLB 96 UCAS points
Newcastle LLB ABB
Cardiff .....LLB ABB reportedly BBC
Swansea......LLB negotiable
Liverpool LLB only in early Clearing for those achieving BBB reportedly BBC
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Aqsx)
oh my gosh. I want to marry you now. Thank you sooo much.
I’m from Birmingham so I’m looking for something near. Leicester’s website does say A’s as well but I’ll make sure to find out more on the open day. Thank you once again.

Leicester were advertising BBB for Law in Clearing on their own website and the "reportedly" refers to a TSR member who posted that they had been accepted onto the LLB there with ABD.

Aston's BBC for the LLB in Law & Mangagement was also listed on their own website
StudentRep Medway
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Aqsx)
Hi there!
Have you considered the University of Kent for law at all? Their current entry requirements are AAA-ABB so could potentially fit with your predicted grades. As harrysbar has said though, the clearing grades for this year were around the BBC mark. Kent is in the top 20 universities in the country for law as well so it could be a good option for you
If you're interested in Kent at all then (as with any uni you're looking at!) I'd really recommend checking it out on an open day as it's the best way to get a feel for a university. Kent has a couple coming up this October I'll leave the link to the LLB information page here incase you'd like to take a look!

Good luck with your university decisions and applications
Anonymous #1
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by username3739882)
Don't. The former head of the LL.B. has left this 'train crash' that he made and fled to be Dean of Business and Law at Hull.

Avoid the disaster: Apply/accept elsewhere.
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by username3739882)
Hi,

Thank you for considering studying Law at Coventry University!

I am a recent LLB International Law graduate. I did three years of studies at Coventry Law School and a year-long legal placement at Volvo Group UK. I really loved my time at Coventry University! Lecturers and tutors were always very helpful and took time to explain what I did not understand. They reply to emails promptly, have weekly surgery hours and are keen on scheduling an extra meeting if needed.

What I enjoyed the most about Coventry Uni were employability opportunities - our Law School prioritises clinical legal education and we have many pro bono legal clinics where students can volunteer. I, for instance, volunteered in the welfare benefits appeals clinic run with Coventry Law Centre. We also run Business Law Clinic, Immigration Law clinic and Employment Law clinic in cooperation with magic circle law firm Allen & Overy. Those are great opportunities to enhance your skills and apply what you learnt!

Coventry Law School also offers year-long placements which are still rare amongst other Law Schools. Those are great opportunities to build your CV and gain some experience. Our students do placements at Shoosmiths, DAC Beachcroft, legal department of Volvo Group UK and many others!

In all honesty, Law is a tough degree and legal industry is a competitive market regardless of University you graduate from. You need to be dedicated to pursuing a career of your choice and put the work in to get there! But Coventry University provides you with the support to succeed. I, for instance, come from underrepresented background and as a Coventry University student managed to get a training contract with an international law firm before starting my final year at Uni.

I hope you find it helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions! We also have a virtual open day on 10 October - it is a great opportunity to learn more about the course and speak with lecturers and current students. You can sign up here: https://www.coventry.ac.uk/study-at-...our-open-days/

Kind regards,

Monika
Coventry Campus
LLB International Law
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (195)
29.77%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (109)
16.64%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.85%
I want to meet current students (55)
8.4%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.79%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.54%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.8%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.21%

Watched Threads