NoaaaC
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Currently in year 11. I'm trying to get all my prep done for my GCSEs early. I study Romeo and Juliet, Inspector Calls and A Christmas Carol for English Literature. I am starting to create my revision cards for English Literature, and I wondered if the way I am doing it is effective. I am writing key quotes for every theme (e.g. fate, love, conflict, family relationships) on separate revision cards and then key quotes for every character (e.g. Romeo, Mercutio) also on cards. I am then summarising context and other important bits of information. Is this good? Or is there more information I should be including?
shimolishah15
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by NoaaaC)
Currently in year 11. I'm trying to get all my prep done for my GCSEs early. I study Romeo and Juliet, Inspector Calls and A Christmas Carol for English Literature. I am starting to create my revision cards for English Literature, and I wondered if the way I am doing it is effective. I am writing key quotes for every theme (e.g. fate, love, conflict, family relationships) on separate revision cards and then key quotes for every character (e.g. Romeo, Mercutio) also on cards. I am then summarising context and other important bits of information. Is this good? Or is there more information I should be including?
I think that this is a great way to revise. Also, I made thousands of mindmaps using the BBC Bitesize website because it's so good.
febreze
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i would also do essay plans like mindmaps for the characters/themes
eg i created a mind map for inspector goole (as I also study inspector calls) this includes his personality, how he treated everyone, appearance, atmosphere he creates, what he does/did

quizlet quotes are also really good

definitely recommend annotating potential bits of the text just in case you get an exam q
also practice the structure and stuff
i can only speak about an inspector calls as i don’t study the other 2

hope this helped
NoaaaC
Rep:
?
a

(Original post by shimolishah15)
I think that this is a great way to revise. Also, I made thousands of mindmaps using the BBC Bitesize website because it's so good.
Thanks, I was planning on making mindmaps after doing the cards
NoaaaC
Rep:
?
(Original post by febreze)
i would also do essay plans like mindmaps for the characters/themes
eg i created a mind map for inspector goole (as I also study inspector calls) this includes his personality, how he treated everyone, appearance, atmosphere he creates, what he does/did

quizlet quotes are also really good

definitely recommend annotating potential bits of the text just in case you get an exam q
also practice the structure and stuff
i can only speak about an inspector calls as i don’t study the other 2

hope this helped
The character/essay plans are a great idea
Structure is a great point
Thanks!
febreze
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by NoaaaC)
The character/essay plans are a great idea
Structure is a great point
Thanks!
your welcome!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (49)
31.41%
No - I have already returned home (19)
12.18%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (33)
21.15%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (14)
8.97%
No - I live at home during term anyway (41)
26.28%

Watched Threads