I don't have a BTEC number but UCAS is asking me for one

Watch
sharksies
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi guys! I'm trying to apply to a conservatoire as one of my options for after my college course, but it's asking me for a BTEC number. Issue is, don't have one.

I'm only on my second year of my HND so I don't have the certificate from the HNC yet. My SQA papers have only got my SCN and mentions NOTHING about a BTEC.

How do I apply if I don't have a BTEC number? Please help, Scottish qualifications seem so much more complicated than English ones lol
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sharksies)
Hi guys! I'm trying to apply to a conservatoire as one of my options for after my college course, but it's asking me for a BTEC number. Issue is, don't have one.

I'm only on my second year of my HND so I don't have the certificate from the HNC yet. My SQA papers have only got my SCN and mentions NOTHING about a BTEC.

How do I apply if I don't have a BTEC number? Please help, Scottish qualifications seem so much more complicated than English ones lol
This sounds pretty strange. Have you accidentally selected that you have/are completing a BTEC?

I would ring UCAS for advice on Monday. Hopefully they can help resolve the situation!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Are you sure that the question is compulsory.

Your college should be able to tel you it (and it would have been on your hnc results slip)
sharksies
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Are you sure that the question is compulsory.

Your college should be able to tel you it (and it would have been on your hnc results slip)
I didn't get a HNC results slip, nobody did in our class.
Also yes, the question is compulsory. It seems to only be on the conservatoire website that it has issues with the part where it says what education you expect to have before attending (uni)
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You have an HNC qualification. That is not the same as a BTEC.

If the application system is insisting you add a BTEC number, check all the info-notes, and check you havn't entered something that suggests you are taking BTECs. If its still a problem, phone UCAS.
sharksies
Rep:
?
(Original post by returnmigrant)
You have an HNC qualification. That is not the same as a BTEC.

If the application system is insisting you add a BTEC number, check all the info-notes, and check you havn't entered something that suggests you are taking BTECs. If its still a problem, phone UCAS.
I found the issue!

Here's the part I was struggling with
Name:  UCAS3.PNG
Views: 68
Size:  18.5 KB

I found the issue was that I hadn't entered my other qualifications so it was pestering me for a BTEC number and wouldn't let me go without asking for one. Not sure if it's a bug or something.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (531)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (645)
41.24%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (316)
20.2%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (72)
4.6%

Watched Threads