starbee
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I feel really dumb asking this but I cannot for the life of me work out how to use our cooker hobs. I've never used induction before, when cooking at home I've only used gas and electric. I have an induction safe pan and it's definitely switched on at the wall but it doesnt get even slightly warm and nothing is actually being cooked. Please help!
Attached files
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by HunnnyBee)
I feel really dumb asking this but I cannot for the life of me work out how to use our cooker hobs. I've never used induction before, when cooking at home I've only used gas and electric. I have an induction safe pan and it's definitely switched on at the wall but it doesnt get even slightly warm and nothing is actually being cooked. Please help!
Only heats up when you put a metal pan on it..
AelinGalanythius
Badges: 13
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by HunnnyBee)
first of all, are you sure it's induction not halogen? Halogen cookers take AGES to heat up and aren't very even. If your certain that it's induction, put the pan on and turn it up. Double check it's an induction pan and try cooking with it, it's not instant but it should be warm within 30seconds or so. if all this fails, then I have no clue.
starbee
Rep:
?
(Original post by BlueIndigoViolet)
Only heats up when you put a metal pan on it..
I have, I just took it off for the picture in case it blocked the view of spmething important that I'm missing haha
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Are you using a pan which works on induction hobs? You need to have pans with ferrous metal bases.
starbee
Rep:
?
(Original post by 8472)
Are you using a pan which works on induction hobs? You need to have pans with ferrous metal bases.
As I said in my original post, yes I am. I bought a new one and the packaging says it works on induction hobs.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (139)
42.77%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (38)
11.69%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.31%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (68)
20.92%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.46%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.85%

Watched Threads