Athxrv
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by GreenCub)
Do you mean 6 under timed conditions (complete 6 in an hour) or do you mean you can do 6 of them without any help but not timed?
I can do about 4/5 in timed conditions, if I spend a bit longer I can sometimes push it up to 7 (this was in specimen 1). I didn't really know the content for the third specimen paper so that was a bit less.
Ivy_Z
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
What subject are you applying for? Computer Science
What are your GCSE grades and A level predicted grades? International (American) student so:
ACT Composite: 36 (35 35 36 36)
SAT 2 Math Level 2: 800
SAT 2 Chemistry: 800
AP Calculus AB: 5
AP Computer Science: 5
AP Physics 1: 5
AP Chemistry: 5
AP Calculus BC: haven't taken it but predicted 5
Seven other APs which are humanities (out of which I have six 5s and one 4)
What subject-related activities or supercurriculars have you done? Robotics team (though more engineering than compsci, I suppose), Science Olympiad (more natsci and engineering as well), research project, nothing very groundbreaking but all very interesting to me
Why Trinity? I like big and competitive colleges and it seems very pretty which is always great
What other universities are you applying to? KCL, Edinburgh, Imperial, UCL
I have an interview on 9/12/2019 (Whew I almost wrote it month/day/year by instinct)
GreenCub
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
sqrt(e/m)=c Lucci0114 Athxrv and anyone else applying for maths, how did you find the difficulty of the 3rd Trinity specimen test compared to the second one? I think there's this general consensus that tests 1, 2 and 3 are in increasing order of difficulty, but I felt a lot less pressured on the third test than the second one and did more questions as well.
mihika2110
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
hey anyone got any tips for trinity economics interview ??
Athxrv
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
sqrt(e/m)=c Lucci0114 Athxrv and anyone else applying for maths, how did you find the difficulty of the 3rd Trinity specimen test compared to the second one? I think there's this general consensus that tests 1, 2 and 3 are in increasing order of difficulty, but I felt a lot less pressured on the third test than the second one and did more questions as well.
Yeah I think I'd agree with that 2 and 3 were more difficult than one, but I felt 3 was more doable than 2. Also, what did you get on the UKMT?
sqrt(e/m)=c
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I found specimen 3 very doable on the whole; I think all but Q9 were straightforward, and even that was more intimidating than anything else. I also found Q6 on specimen 2 a bit confusing, but not too bad.
GreenCub
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by sqrt(e/m)=c)
I found specimen 3 very doable on the whole; I think all but Q9 were straightforward, and even that was more intimidating than anything else. I also found Q6 on specimen 2 a bit confusing, but not too bad.
How long did it take you to do all the questions other than Q9? (Not all in 1 hour, I hope for my own sake...)
modus operandi
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
anyone being interviewed on wednesday? x
GreenCub
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by modus operandi)
anyone being interviewed on wednesday? x
I am - what time is yours?
modus operandi
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I am - what time is yours?
got a test at 3:45pm and interview at 5:30pm wbu? x
GreenCub
Rep:
?
(Original post by modus operandi)
got a test at 3:45pm and interview at 5:30pm wbu? x
Test at 15:25, interview at 16:30.
modus operandi
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Test at 15:25, interview at 16:30.
v nice, how early r u getting there? I'm thinking like half an hour before but idk
Sxsxna169
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Has anyone had their interview already?? For maths??
GreenCub
Rep:
?
Just a reminder that explicit discussion of test question details is not allowed but general comments are fine.
ilovemath11
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
!!
Last edited by ilovemath11; 7 months ago
RadiansRule
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I’ve already had my maths interview, feel free to PM me if you’ve also done it but I don’t think we should say anything that might indicate difficulty on here till after Friday
SujayK
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by RadiansRule)
I’ve already had my maths interview, feel free to PM me if you’ve also done it but I don’t think we should say anything that might indicate difficulty on here till after Friday
I was wondering if they asked much/anything outside of maths questions like PS or extra/super curricular stuff or was it just focused on the paper?
modus operandi
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by khushiarora)
What questions were asked to you and how long was the duration of the same ? Can you list down all your questions please. Many thanks.
hi, just gonna let u know they won't tell u, it'll breach the confidentiality agreement x
GreenCub
Rep:
?
(Original post by khushiarora)
What questions were asked to you and how long was the duration of the same ? Can you list down all your questions please. Many thanks.
They are not allowed to disclose that information as there is a confidentiality agreement. Revealing details would also put yourself at a disadvantage.
username2915686
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
med interview went ****
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (209)
38.56%
Take autumn exams (163)
30.07%
Look for a job (19)
3.51%
Consider an apprenticeship (22)
4.06%
Take a year out (96)
17.71%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (33)
6.09%

Watched Threads