Extreme Procrastinator: a path to GCSEs

Watch this thread
linedpaper
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
EXTREME PROCRASTINATOR: A PATH TO GCSE'S

Hey to everyone who for some reason clicked on my attempt at a GCSE GYG blog... welcome to my journey to either success or sudden death!

My name is Lily, and I'm a procrastinator. I do try, but I'm terrible at revising, unorganized, and always seem to have 'something else to do'. What that something is, I'm not sure. Oh wait... my point confirmed- I just got distracted from my French homework to write this.

I'm writing this, or at least attempting too- because I want something to look back on when I get my results and see what I did that got me to that moment- good or bad. Also, to everyone else- relating in the tricky times and rising with the highs.

Anyway- let's move on to the data.

Subjects-
Spoiler:
Show

AQA Biology
AQA Chemistry
AQA English Language
AQA English Literature*
AQA French
Edexcel History**
AQA Maths
AQA Physics
AQA Resistant Materials
*Power and Conflict
Much Ado about Nothing
Lord of the Flies
Jane Eyre
**Crime and Punishment + Whitechapel c1000-present
Weimar Republic and Nazi Germany 1918-39
Superpower Relations and the Cold War 1941-91
Elizabethan England 1568-1603

My target and estimated (school)-
Spoiler:
Show

Red- target grades, Blue- estimated (teachers)
Biology- 9 9
Chemistry- 8 7.5
English Lang- 9 9
English Lit- 9 9
French- 8 6
History- 8 8
Maths- 7 6
Physics- 8 7.5
Res Mat- 8 7

Mock grades-
Spoiler:
Show

Orange-Y10 mocks, Red-Y11 November
Biology- 7 (1 off 8)
Chemistry- 7
English Lang- 9
English Lit- 9
French- 5 (3S, 5W, 6R, 7L)
History- 7
Maths- 5
Physics- 6
Res Mat- 6

Future plans-
Spoiler:
Show

I'm not completely sure, but I know I'd like to do A levels- and one of them is definitely going to be Biology. Further than that, I'm interested in a few things at the moment, mainly policing, engineering, politics or something that applies psychology, but I'm sure it will change! Uni sounds cool... but I'm not against a degree apprenticeship...

Interests/about me-
Spoiler:
Show

I do kind of a lot?
-Swimming
-Climbing
-Cycling (mtb)
-Volunteering, fixing bikes at a community project
-Youth Council
-Job, sticking skittles

I go to a grammar school, that keeps getting better results every year, so there's a lot of pressure and they're kind of pushy.

I'm going to try and post here as much as I can... maybe every two days and weekly summaries?

Feel free to tag your GYG's down in the comments- I want to see how everyone else is doing!

Now classic me, I need to go and do my DT coursework that I'm alarmingly behind on
Last edited by linedpaper; 2 years ago
_Mia101
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
good luck :rave:

How can you have an estimated grade of 7.5 :confused:
Hazelly
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by linedpaper)
Hey to everyone who for some reason clicked on my attempt at a GCSE GYG blog... welcome to my journey to either success or sudden death!

My name is Lily, and I'm a procrastinator. I do try, but I'm terrible at revising, unorganized, and always seem to have 'something else to do'. What that something is, I'm not sure. Oh wait... my point confirmed- I just got distracted from my French homework to write this.

I'm writing this, or at least attempting too- because I want something to look back on when I get my results and see what I did that got me to that moment- good or bad. Also, to everyone else- relating in the tricky times and rising with the highs.

Anyway- let's move on to the data.

Subjects-
Spoiler:
Show

AQA Biology
AQA Chemistry
AQA English Language
AQA English Literature*
AQA French
Edexcel History**
AQA Maths
AQA Physics
AQA Resistant Materials
*Power and Conflict
Much Ado about Nothing
Lord of the Flies
Jane Eyre
**Crime and Punishment + Whitechapel c1000-present
Weimar Republic and Nazi Germany 1918-39
Superpower Relations and the Cold War 1941-91
Elizabethan England 1568-1603

My target and estimated (school)-
Spoiler:
Show

Red- target grades, Blue- estimated (teachers)
Biology- 9 9
Chemistry- 8 7.5
English Lang- 9 9
English Lit- 9 9
French- 8 6
History- 8 8
Maths- 7 6
Physics- 8 7.5
Res Mat- 8 7

Mock grades-
Spoiler:
Show

Orange-Y10 mocks, Red-Y11 November
Biology- 7 (1 off 8)
Chemistry- 7
English Lang- 9
English Lit- 9
French- 5 (3S, 5W, 6R, 7L)
History- 7
Maths- 5
Physics- 6
Res Mat- 6

Future plans-
Spoiler:
Show

I'm not completely sure, but I know I'd like to do A levels- and one of them is definitely going to be Biology. Further than that, I'm interested in a few things at the moment, mainly policing, engineering, politics or something that applies psychology, but I'm sure it will change! Uni sounds cool... but I'm not against a degree apprenticeship...

Interests/about me-
Spoiler:
Show

I do kind of a lot?
-Swimming
-Climbing
-Cycling (mtb)
-Volunteering, fixing bikes at a community project
-Youth Council
-Job, sticking skittles

I go to a grammar school, that keeps getting better results every year, so there's a lot of pressure and they're kind of pushy.

I'm going to try and post here as much as I can... maybe every two days and weekly summaries?

Feel free to tag your GYG's- I want to see how everyone else is doing!

Now classic me, I need to go and do my DT coursework that I'm alarmingly behind on
Hello, welcome to the GYG forum!

Could I be tagged to follow up in your gyg please (if you’re not doing tags that’s fine )
linedpaper
Rep:
(Original post by _Mia101)
good luck :rave:

How can you have an estimated grade of 7.5 :confused:
Basically it means a 7-8- except the 8 isn't a solid enough grade 😊
linedpaper
Rep:
(Original post by Hazzabear)
Hello, welcome to the GYG forum!

Could I be tagged to follow up in your gyg please (if you’re not doing tags that’s fine )
I'm not sure how it works, but just tag yourself in here in the comments!? 😊
Hazelly
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by linedpaper)
I'm not sure how it works, but just tag yourself in here in the comments!? 😊
After every update, you make a spoiler and tag your followers - if you wanted to of course.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (59)
34.91%
The paper was reasonable (67)
39.64%
Not feeling great about that exam... (27)
15.98%
It was TERRIBLE (16)
9.47%

Watched Threads