nanachan123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am not satisfied with my vocabulary and the way the paragraph looks? like it looks informal. Any help will be appreciated

When a murder takes place, the killer often assumes without the presence of the corpse and distinguishing features such as fingerprints, investigators would be unable to determine the identification of both the victim and the killer. However, modern forensic laboratory techniques such as genetic fingerprinting, can be used to establish the identities from the remnant of the individual such as blood, saliva, hair strands, fragments of the bone and skin cells even when the criminal merely touched a surface . This technique is effective because the dna , which is extracted from the tissue samples, are as unique among individuals as their fingerprints, with the exception of identical twins. The difference can be observed in the molecule of the deoxyribonucleic acid (D.N.A). A molecule of deoxyribonucleic acid is composed of two polynucleotide molecules. Each polynucleotide molecule is made up of smaller repeating units called nucleotides, covalently bonded to one another in a long linear chain.
Last edited by nanachan123; 1 year ago
Travv
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’ll correct some of the knowledge, a DNA molecule is made of 2 complementary polynucleotide chains, not molecule (a DNA “molecule” only refers to the full thing). Whilst the covalent bonds aren’t incorrect, you could refer to them as phosphodiester bonds created by condensation reactions to sound more scientific, and your biology teacher would definitely appreciate it, overall I don’t see anything wrong with it, just those two things that I’d change personally.

(I’m assuming you’re doing A level biology? If you’re doing GCSE I apologise for mentioning phosphodiester bonds and condensation reactions if it confuses things)
nanachan123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Travv)
I’ll correct some of the knowledge, a DNA molecule is made of 2 complementary polynucleotide chains, not molecule (a DNA “molecule” only refers to the full thing). Whilst the covalent bonds aren’t incorrect, you could refer to them as phosphodiester bonds created by condensation reactions to sound more scientific, and your biology teacher would definitely appreciate it, overall I don’t see anything wrong with it, just those two things that I’d change personally.

(I’m assuming you’re doing A level biology? If you’re doing GCSE I apologise for mentioning phosphodiester bonds and condensation reactions if it confuses things)
omg thank you so much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (32)
15.76%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (63)
31.03%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (24)
11.82%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (17)
8.37%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (11)
5.42%
I think it's an unfair expectation (53)
26.11%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise