zaink34
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am an international applicant who wanted to apply for imperial college london my gcse grades are 1A 1B 4C but my AS level grades are 2a and 1b i wnated to ask wheather imperial college care about gcse when you have good A level grades
Idg a damn
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
usually no from what I have heard
Aeroking21
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by zaink34)
I am an international applicant who wanted to apply for imperial college london my gcse grades are 1A 1B 4C but my AS level grades are 2a and 1b i wnated to ask wheather imperial college care about gcse when you have good A level grades
What are you predicted?
zaink34
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aeroking21)
What are you predicted?
3A* and 1A
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
3A* and 1A
lol
I thought you got 2A's and 1B at AS so how did you get a 4A-Level prediction?
What subjects are you doing.
zaink34
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
lol
I thought you got 2A's and 1B at AS so how did you get a 4A-Level prediction?
What subjects are you doing.
Maths physics computer science and business
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Maths physics computer science and business
What are you thinking of applying for? It is likely that business studies will not be included in your offer, if you get one.

Universities usually only look at GCSEs as an indicator of future performance, although post-16 exams such as AS and A-level generally are more indicative. Plus you've obviously improved since GCSEs if you got AAB.
All that said, Imperial say literally nothing about what kinds of GCSEs they're looking for - unless you are applying for maths (see here: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/mathemati...nd-admissions/ )
zaink34
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sinnoh)
What are you thinking of applying for? It is likely that business studies will not be included in your offer, if you get one.

Universities usually only look at GCSEs as an indicator of future performance, although post-16 exams such as AS and A-level generally are more indicative. Plus you've obviously improved since GCSEs if you got AAB.
All that said, Imperial say literally nothing about what kinds of GCSEs they're looking for - unless you are applying for maths (see here: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/mathemati...nd-admissions/ )
I want to apply for computer science by the way thanks for the advice it really gave me motivation
Sinnoh
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I want to apply for computer science by the way thanks for the advice it really gave me motivation
Okay so they definitely don't accept business A-level for computer science courses. That just means that if you get an offer it won't be included. But also keep in mind that they do prefer applicants to have further maths (even though it's not a requirement). If your school doesn't offer further maths then make sure that's mentioned in the reference. Conditional offers might include STEP I so make sure you'd be prepared for that.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Sinnoh)
Okay so they definitely don't accept business A-level for computer science courses. That just means that if you get an offer it won't be included. But also keep in mind that they do prefer applicants to have further maths (even though it's not a requirement). If your school doesn't offer further maths then make sure that's mentioned in the reference. Conditional offers might include STEP I so make sure you'd be prepared for that.
what course did you do at uni
Sinnoh
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
what course did you do at uni
I've just started doing physics at Imperial
anonnn1111
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
anyone that goes to imperial could you please let me know what modules there are for animal behaviour and physiology. The course structure is quite brief so just wanted someone to expand on what kind of thing is studied in this area. thanks
Mr Wednesday
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by anonnn1111)
anyone that goes to imperial could you please let me know what modules there are for animal behaviour and physiology. The course structure is quite brief so just wanted someone to expand on what kind of thing is studied in this area. thanks
Better to ask that in a new thread with an obvious title rather than leave it buried down here.
Last edited by Mr Wednesday; 1 year ago
anonnn1111
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ah ok thankyou
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (15)
11.03%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (87)
63.97%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (18)
13.24%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (13)
9.56%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (3)
2.21%

Watched Threads