The Student Room Group

Room for sale

So I booked a room and signed the agreement and everything and I get an email from unilodgers that said the room was no longer available so I booked a room elsewhere, then I find out that unilodgers was wrong and that I’m still in contract with the previous room I booked. So now I’m in a legal contract with a room that I don’t want anymore and I don’t know what to do now??
Hey!
It’s kind of shocking that this happened to you because all the people that I know, who have booked student accommodation via Unilodgers, never had such an experience. However, if you look at this from a legal perspective, they aren’t at fault either.
Let me explain how. (Don’t think of me as a legal genius now guys :P)
Unilodgers is only a marketing agent with the properties that assist the students in securing their accommodation. Moreover, the contract is signed directly between the student and the property. So, there’s hardly any part played by Unilodgers. In case you have signed for two properties, you will be liable for both the contracts until one of them is canceled as per the property terms and conditions.
Sorry you had to go through this though :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest