roastedsammy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi again people,

I'm stuck as to how much of an overlap I'm allowed with my current syllabus. I want to do my EPQ on the topic of 'Why do we seek truth?' or 'Is happiness taught?' or 'Do good and evil exist independently of us?', however all of them do - in some capacity - appear in the AQA Philosophy syllabus.
If I was, for example, to completely avoid the few scholars and concepts on those topics which do appear on the syllabus, would I be able to do my EPQ on one of those topics?
If not then I'm pretty butchered as to what I can do as most philosophical questions I'm passionate about are referenced in the syllabus. It's just again whether or not a reference is an acceptable level of overlap.

Any advice is much appreciated,

Thanks
Last edited by roastedsammy; 1 year ago
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
Cstubbings
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It’s not encouraged to stick with ideas that are inside the syllabus , however , you will not be marked down for it. Try googling some ideas related to what you like or maybe ask a teacher. However , that being said , if you’re looking to go into the Philosophy field then go for it , it’ll look great and show your passion
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (167)
58.6%
I don't have everything I need (118)
41.4%

Watched Threads