The Student Room Group

Fear of becoming a cougar.

Hi,

I'm currently retaking an A-Level and reapplying to University which means when I start I'll be 19 years old. I'm scared I'm going to be the cougar and the oldest on the course. :frown: Really worried.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cheerIeader
Hi,

I'm currently retaking an A-Level and reapplying to University which means when I start I'll be 19 years old. I'm scared I'm going to be the cougar and the oldest on the course. :frown: Really worried.

Graduate entry exists.
Hi,

Completely bonkers and baseless thinking. Focus on your resit.

There will be plenty of mature students on your course older than 19, some on 20s, 30s and 40s. No one will know your age unless you tell them. You might want top spend the gap year working on anxiety issues as well otherwise you are going to waste an awful lot of time fretting over nothing and making yourself unhappy.
Reply 3
Any respectable charva wudnt care fam
Hi,

Are you from the "A-Level Remark Success Stories" thread?

And no, that is no problem. Have you never heard of people taking a gap year before uni?
Original post by CuriosityYay
Are you from the "A-Level Remark Success Stories" thread?

And no, that is no problem. Have you never heard of people taking a gap year before uni?

Yes, I am from that thread. And I have heard of them taking gap years, I guess it just feels weird with all my friends off at University.
Original post by biggyK
Any respectable charva wudnt care fam

There's no such thing. :frown:
Reply 7
Honestly you have nothing to worry about, I was 21 when I started university and was no where near the oldest on the course and found lots of people my age and older :smile:
One year out won’t make a difference at all. I know several Oxbridge reapplicants who have done this.

Unless you go round with your age tattooed on your forehead, nobody will know you are a year older, or treat you any differently
Don't worry ive already went on a gap year and now Im on my second. So you wont be the cougar. I will x
dasdsadasdasda
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by DaniyalShah
Though there is something sexy in the idea of being older than most girls yet still being able to attract the hot guy despite the wrinkles on your face, the sagginess of your boobs, the henched back and the lack of energy. It just demonstrates that young girls got nothing on older experienced women.

Unfortunately for you, you are not in this category because you are only 19 years old.

You lost my interest at 'henched back'
oh i thought this would be an interesting thread but turns out it’s not the animal
Though there is something sexy in the idea of being older than most girls yet still being able to attract the hot guy despite the wrinkles on your face, the sagginess of your boobs, the henched back and the lack of energy. It just demonstrates that young girls got nothing on older experienced women.

Unfortunately for you, you are not in this category because you are only 19 years old.

@harrysbar just look at this. Apparently I am supposed to have wrinkles, saggy boobs, hunched back and lack of energy...

Actually, I am 56 and have none of these charming attributes. :rolleyes:

You are 19, OP. It's all good. Get living your life before you become insult fodder, like me, ha ha
That's actually when most guys start to get interested.

:lol:
Reply 15
There's no such thing. :frown:

Eh? A respectibel charva is wot I am mush
Reply 16
lol broskito
the two are mutually inclusive. i'll be one year older so a hag where labels are concerned. ;(
the two are mutually inclusive. i'll be one year older so a hag where labels are concerned. ;(

Do you still not believe it is ok to be a year older?
Lie about your age

Quick Reply

Latest