Abbie1408
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
i’m studying 2 BTECS (ones health and social) along with history and french. I was wondering what exactly it is, can it get you jobs apart from nursing, do you learn about people, first aid? is it easy? i picked H&S care because i thought it would be quite an interesting subject with life skills with it, what exactly is it
Charlotte's Web
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Abbie1408)
i’m studying 2 BTECS (ones health and social) along with history and french. I was wondering what exactly it is, can it get you jobs apart from nursing, do you learn about people, first aid? is it easy? i picked H&S care because i thought it would be quite an interesting subject with life skills with it, what exactly is it
If you look online you should be able to find the syllabus for your course which will tell you absolutely everything involved. It may be useful for other allied health courses such as physiotherapy or areas such as social work, but you would need to check the requirements of universities for these courses to check they accept your particular BTEC.
Stevie_10
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Abbie1408)
I took Health and social care level 3 at college and you learn a mix of things. There are units on public health, dementia, Health and safety, Nutrition, Anatomy, Human life span etc. We did do a bit of first aid but it was just basic stuff. It's a good course for opening doors in social care, health, medicine and obviously nursing, midwifery and paramedic science. It basically helps you develop skills relating to looking after people within a health or social care environment like hospitals, nursing homes, hospices, pre schools
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• De Montfort University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 7 Dec '19
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Undergraduate Undergraduate
    Sat, 7 Dec '19
  • Regent's University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 7 Dec '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (61)
18.77%
Labour (159)
48.92%
Liberal Democrats (46)
14.15%
Green Party (20)
6.15%
Brexit Party (4)
1.23%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.92%
SNP (7)
2.15%
Plaid Cymru (2)
0.62%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (4)
1.23%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)