The Student Room Group

Home buying-? My boyfriend has a help to buy ISA, and I want to get a Lifetime ISA

We both will be having different home buying ISA’s, if we go to buy a home together, can we both use and qualify for the government aid on both ISA’s as they are both seperate or does it only only count for one?
Help to buy can’t be used on deposits, Lisa (lifetime ISA) can, and they have different home spending limits - £250,000 for H2B 450,000 for Lisa, will these be comparable as nowhere mentions these two, only two Help to buy.

Any help appreciated as I’m unsure what to do, should I open a help to buy before they close?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by LoopyLulu1997
We both will be having different home buying ISA’s, if we go to buy a home together, can we both use and qualify for the government aid on both ISA’s as they are both seperate or does it only only count for one?
Help to buy can’t be used on deposits, Lisa (lifetime ISA) can, and they have different home spending limits - £250,000 for H2B 450,000 for Lisa, will these be comparable as nowhere mentions these two, only two Help to buy.

Any help appreciated as I’m unsure what to do, should I open a help to buy before they close?

It would likely be a good idea to speak to a financial or mortgage advisor to get information specific to your circumstances. The specifics will really depend on the price of the house, the size of your deposit and your current savings in terms of what would work out best for you.

There is no issue with closing the help to buy ISA if you decide you don't need it. You can simply close it and withdraw the money without applying for the government bonus (which is done through your solicitor).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending