Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is it too late to arrange Jan exams? (without paying additional fees)
    Will I have to pay loads and piss of school etc?..

ReputationRep:
    Quite simply, yes.

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping to enter myself for an exam in January. It's definitely going to cost some money

ReputationRep:
    I think it costs about 5.60 extra for lateness of entry... Not certain.

ReputationRep:
    I think that the last "late" date has already finished...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinghFello)
    I think that the last "late" date has already finished...
    Erm, no it hasn't. I've just entered myself for a chem exam in Jan (OCR). Cost me £10.30 (late entry fee). Though, the fees will differ between exam boards...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marirah)
    Erm, no it hasn't. I've just entered myself for a chem exam in Jan (OCR). Cost me £10.30 (late entry fee). Though, the fees will differ between exam boards...
    I AM DOING AS-LEVEL OCR CHEMISTRY

HOW DO YOU REVISE FOR IT AND WHAT BOOKS YOU USE.....I THINK THE BOOKS THAT SAY ESSENTIAL CHEMISTRY ARE USELESS AS I THINK YOU CAN'T EVEN GET A C FOR THAT

ReputationRep:
    some people in my school are still entering exams edexcel and OCR, i think the official late deadline is end of the week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anywaz)
    I AM DOING AS-LEVEL OCR CHEMISTRY

HOW DO YOU REVISE FOR IT AND WHAT BOOKS YOU USE.....I THINK THE BOOKS THAT SAY ESSENTIAL CHEMISTRY ARE USELESS AS I THINK YOU CAN'T EVEN GET A C FOR THAT
    I'm going to sit the AS & A2 exams (chem)...have not started revising yet...
    Aaarrrghhh. I'm gonna use the Letts revision books. Erm, how's your revision going?
    Though I'm assuming that the 'Revise AS Chemistry for OCR' revision book is fairly good, because I've the same series for biology and it's pretty okay. However, I've heard the Heinneman ones are okay as well...

Recommend any good revision tips for chem?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to sit the AS & A2 exams (chem)...have not started revising yet...
    Aaarrrghhh. I'm gonna use the Letts revision books. Erm, how's your revision going?
    Though I'm assuming that the 'Revise AS Chemistry for OCR' revision book is fairly good, because I've the same series for biology and it's pretty okay. However, I've heard the Heinneman ones are okay as well...

Recommend any good revision tips for chem?
    Trust me when i say that 'Revise AS Chemistry' is the best revision book for OCR chem. When revising and doing past papers there wasnt one answer to a question that wasnt in there.

lol do not rely on the "Revise Chemistry for OCR books "

try to use as many sources as possible

ReputationRep:
    true i just find doing past papers n looking at stuff afterwards that i got wrong works

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by these_apples)
    Trust me when i say that 'Revise AS Chemistry' is the best revision book for OCR chem. When revising and doing past papers there wasnt one answer to a question that wasnt in there.
    Hmmm, best order that soon then! Thanks for recommending it.
    That's my cue to get my ass off the net then...motivation does not exist in my world... : (
    That's another story altogether! Blah blah blah...

if you are practicing past papers - DO practice them..... this doesnt mean as soon as you glance at a question you bottle it so you get the mark scheme to help you out.... it means trying to get somewhere on your own- even if you get no where near the answer - at least you tried and you are learning where you made the mistake, if you make the mistake that is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HaggenDaZ)
    if you are practicing past papers - DO practice them..... this doesnt mean as soon as you glance at a question you bottle it so you get the mark scheme to help you out.... it means trying to get somewhere on your own- even if you get no where near the answer - at least you tried and you are learning where you made the mistake, if you make the mistake that is.
    Well, I agree with you. Though I'm not quite at the point of being able to attempt exam papers...I don't know anything...literally :eek:

Well, I agree with you. Though I'm not quite at the point of being able to attempt exam papers...I don't know anything...literally :eek:
    i can understand how you mean, regurgitating what you know from class/books onto exam papers......... the practicing of exam papers makes all the difference tho

you'll have to deal with it sweetie

ReputationRep:
    past papers defo help!! I did/do soo many

ReputationRep:
    i no they just ask the same questions over n over

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HaggenDaZ)
    i can understand how you mean, regurgitating what you know from class/books onto exam papers......... the practicing of exam papers makes all the difference tho

you'll have to deal with it sweetie
    I'm going to have to deal with it pretty damn soon, have 5 exams in January and am supposed to be teaching myself 3/5 modules and have not got very far... AAAARRRRRGHHHHHH :eek: :eek: :eek:
    I'm gonna go sleep now though, am too tired to do any work

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.