The Student Room Group

How can i stop feeling this way?

I have a crush on my teacher. He’s young and in his twenties and he is funny and good looking. I’ve recently started having a crush on him and i cant focus a lot in his class. And he never talked to me and i got upset about it which is stupid but today he came and asked me for the answer to a question and i felt happy. But i feel he dislikes me cause i’m very shy. Anyways, i just want it to go away because it is inappropriate.
Firstly, how old are you?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Firstly, how old are you?

17, going to be 18 in 5 months
17, going to be 18 in 5 months

If you still like him, 18 is when you are an adult so technically you can be in a relationship.
Reply 4
I have a crush on my teacher. He’s young and in his twenties and he is funny and good looking. I’ve recently started having a crush on him and i cant focus a lot in his class. And he never talked to me and i got upset about it which is stupid but today he came and asked me for the answer to a question and i felt happy. But i feel he dislikes me cause i’m very shy. Anyways, i just want it to go away because it is inappropriate.

yes love, it is inappropriate. But it happens, it isn't an abnormal thing at all. So firstly, just try to control your emotions and don't let these minor things effect you to that large degree. The first thing in front of you is your education, so focus on that more! :smile:
by the end of the day, he is your teacher and mentor no different than a parent so yes try to focus on the things that matter more and don't let this effect your overall grades or performance.
If you still like him, 18 is when you are an adult so technically you can be in a relationship.

Technically it wouldn't be illegal when she's 18, but it's still a breach of his professionalism which could get him fired.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Technically it wouldn't be illegal when she's 18, but it's still a breach of his professionalism which could get him fired.

It's the teachers choice whether he wouldn't mind being in a relationship, but it's not like the relationship has to be public
It's the teachers choice whether he wouldn't mind being in a relationship, but it's not like the relationship has to be public

Those two statements are correct. I think it's very doubtful that the teacher will put his career at risk, though.
Reply 8
Original post by Naruru
yes love, it is inappropriate. But it happens, it isn't an abnormal thing at all. So firstly, just try to control your emotions and don't let these minor things effect you to that large degree. The first thing in front of you is your education, so focus on that more! :smile:
by the end of the day, he is your teacher and mentor no different than a parent so yes try to focus on the things that matter more and don't let this effect your overall grades or performance.

Thank you! I will try to put those feelings away as hard as it is and focus on my education :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Those two statements are correct. I think it's very doubtful that the teacher will put his career at risk, though.

The problem is he started to come closer to me like to my table i don’t know if it means anything but he doesn’t talk to me and he doesn’t make eye contact. But it is hard for my “crush” to go away if he keeps coming close to me. I am probably just imagining things, i just hope it goes away.

Quick Reply

Latest