ArabLlama
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Wagwan, I will most likely make a brand new one of these when I figure out how TSR works properly and when I realise how heavily I regret this title.

So, I started year 12 a few weeks ago and thought I’d see if this GYG will help me, if not then I guess I’ll dip half way through but hopefully it’s something that brings me structure and allows me to cop them A*s you know what I’m sayin?

So, GCSE grades:

Maths, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, English Lang, History: 8

English Lit: 7

Computer Science: 6

German: 5

Further maths: A

Now, my A-Levels are Maths, Further Maths & Physics and I’ll be doing an EPQ, most likely a dissertation on Alien Life. Now, I have no idea what I do with this apart from regular updates so I’ll try every Friday for now. So, that’s pretty much it.

Llama out.
_Mia101
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
good luck :rave:

Spoiler:
Show
Also, how did you study for further maths?
ArabLlama
Rep:
?
(Original post by _Mia101)
good luck :rave:

Spoiler:
Show
Also, how did you study for further maths?
Thank you.

I, didn’t really, I’ve naturally always been good at maths so I guess that was my advantage - I didn’t really revise for it as I was still learning the content while the rest of my exams were going on, my first teacher was terrible but after he was sacked we received a good teacher. She helped but we didn’t have enough time so yeah, I was very lucky to get an A though. My recommendation would be going through the spec doing a few questions for every section making sure you can do them and then doing any past paper you can find.
_Mia101
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by ArabLlama)
Thank you.

I, didn’t really, I’ve naturally always been good at maths so I guess that was my advantage - I didn’t really revise for it as I was still learning the content while the rest of my exams were going on, my first teacher was terrible but after he was sacked we received a good teacher. She helped but we didn’t have enough time so yeah, I was very lucky to get an A though. My recommendation would be going through the spec doing a few questions for every section making sure you can do them and then doing any past paper you can find.
Okay, thank you! I'm in a similar situation (last year we had a terrible teacher, but my new one is amazing).
Also, which exam board did you do for it?
ArabLlama
Rep:
?
Okay, thank you! I'm in a similar situation (last year we had a terrible teacher, but my new one is amazing).
Also, which exam board did you do for it?
Sorry for the late reply, I suck at TSR. We did AQA GCSE further maths, and what do you mean last year? How many lessons are you getting? We started around Christmas and had one hour a week. Then we got the good teacher around March so
_Mia101
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Sorry for the late reply, I suck at TSR. We did AQA GCSE further maths, and what do you mean last year? How many lessons are you getting? We started around Christmas and had one hour a week. Then we got the good teacher around March so
I seem to be quite bad at TSR too :lol:

I do IGCSE Edexcel further maths and we start in year 10 (I'm in year 11 now). Last year I had 3 hours per week, this year I have 5 every fortnight. So the bad teacher was last year and I got a good one this year.
ArabLlama
Rep:
?
I seem to be quite bad at TSR too :lol:

I do IGCSE Edexcel further maths and we start in year 10 (I'm in year 11 now). Last year I had 3 hours per week, this year I have 5 every fortnight. So the bad teacher was last year and I got a good one this year.
Oh wow that’s a lot of yours, I also have no idea about the IGCSEs and how they differ. Sorry
_Mia101
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Oh wow that’s a lot of yours, I also have no idea about the IGCSEs and how they differ. Sorry
Yeah, well it is a standard option in my school and I believe the IGCSE is harder than the AQA one.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

- Have you considered distance learning for any of your qualifications?

Yes! I'm on a distance learning course right now (11)
8.59%
Yes, I've thought about it but haven't signed up yet (13)
10.16%
No, but maybe I will look into it (35)
27.34%
No and I wouldn't consider it (69)
53.91%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed