The Student Room Group

Partner not showing affection

Hi guys

So I’m 23 (f) and my boyfriend is also 23. We have been together for 3 years and have 1 Year old twins together.

Since he was my first relationship and sexual partner I was a very shy girl and never confident with in the bedroom. He has always been the one to initiate s*x and after having my twins he began talking to a lot of girls behind my back and insulting my body and looks very badly which made me so self conscious and insecure and really effected our s*x life too as I was so embrassed of my body and it was always playing on my mind that he was interested in other girls instead.

Well I know since having my twins that my body and hormones have changed a lot and don’t get ‘wet’ how I used to. This has made s*x quite awkward for us again and I never seem to want it. Although I know it’s my own body fault and hormones it’s also psychological because of all the problems in our relationship.

Anyways the past week I have been so turned on! This never happens to me. Usually like once every two weeks lol. The problem is that he’s not giving me affection back. I never initiate s*x because of past experiences trying to with him realised that he doesn’t like it when I do (he’s even told me that he wants to be the one to initiate it). Pretty sure he wouldn’t have a problem getting turned on if any other girl imitated it with him but he just doesn’t like it coming from me I can tell. Also things like (bj) he doesn’t like me to give him and his reason is that I’m too special and not on that level as I’m like queen and shouldn’t do that. I guess it’s kind of a compliment but at the same time I want to do this stuff with him and I’m supposed to be the only one that can do that to him and vice versa.

He’s a very athletic guy and has a s*x drive that’s usually too much for me to handle. So we usually would do it every 3/4 days. However, he never makes me ‘O’. I never understood why girls would fake it but I’ve found myself doing the exact same thing. Since having my babies I always fake it unless I get the job done myself. And I don’t want to tell him this because I don’t want to shame him and I know he won’t take it very well.

All of this together just makes s*x awkward for me. Every time we do it I just start wondering if my v is whack and all the girls he’s attracfed to etc etc and I just go dry! And the odd time when I am turned on I still go dry!

Anyways for the first time ever I’ve been so turned on all I want is to do it but he just isn’t interested. We did do it 5 days ago but it’s only on his conditions. He’s currently addicted to this childish game on his phone and it’s all he does when he’s at home. He doesn’t show any affection I have sat on the couch next to him for the past 5 nights trying to give him kisses and hugs and play around and he just hasn’t been interested he doesn’t even give me eye contact. Then when he did want to do it at the very end of the night when he had finished his game I just wasn’t even turned on anymore. So we did it and it was quick and I did not enjoy it at all.

I’m just tired of this. If I’m not turned on I’m dry and can barely keep him hard but when I am in the mood he doesn’t care. You might suggest doing sexy stuff or dressing up etc etc but it never works with him and me. I’ve literally dressed up for him before and he left me hanging until he finally came to do it and then could tell he couldn’t get hard I don’t know if it’s stage fright or something. This problem is only with me and I’m just frustrated now. I just want to feel that connection with him again and him to make me O.

Tonight I sat with him again for hours while he just played the game on his phone next to me and then just before bed he tells me to come to bed to have s*x and I just told him like why is it always on his terms. Anyways I come to bed but he’s facing the opposite way across the other side not even grabbed me and hugged me like he usually would. Then I feel his hand touching my shorts to tell me to take them off but I just said ‘you’re not a child if you want something turn over and tell me’. Then he completely ignores me and goes to sleep.

I understand he works hard etc but it’s not tiredness because this is a guy guy constantly on about s*x and constantly attracted and turned on by other girls. He couldn’t even look up at me all night yet when a s*x scene came on tv he instantly looked up.

I just want some advice and suggestions please. What can I do because I actually just want to have a partner that I can grab and kiss and be affectionate with and not always fear rejection. I don’t want to argue about the situation because that will make it worse but if I try to talk about it with him he just can’t even entertain a convo with me so there’s no point.

I’m just mad because the one time I been really wanting it and I’m getting nothing from him and then I’m not gonna be in the mood for it anymore and it will go back to just being awkward again.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi guys

So I’m 23 (f) and my boyfriend is also 23. We have been together for 3 years and have 1 Year old twins together.

Since he was my first relationship and sexual partner I was a very shy girl and never confident with in the bedroom. He has always been the one to initiate s*x and after having my twins he began talking to a lot of girls behind my back and insulting my body and looks very badly which made me so self conscious and insecure and really effected our s*x life too as I was so embrassed of my body and it was always playing on my mind that he was interested in other girls instead.

Well I know since having my twins that my body and hormones have changed a lot and don’t get ‘wet’ how I used to. This has made s*x quite awkward for us again and I never seem to want it. Although I know it’s my own body fault and hormones it’s also psychological because of all the problems in our relationship.

Anyways the past week I have been so turned on! This never happens to me. Usually like once every two weeks lol. The problem is that he’s not giving me affection back. I never initiate s*x because of past experiences trying to with him realised that he doesn’t like it when I do (he’s even told me that he wants to be the one to initiate it). Pretty sure he wouldn’t have a problem getting turned on if any other girl imitated it with him but he just doesn’t like it coming from me I can tell. Also things like (bj) he doesn’t like me to give him and his reason is that I’m too special and not on that level as I’m like queen and shouldn’t do that. I guess it’s kind of a compliment but at the same time I want to do this stuff with him and I’m supposed to be the only one that can do that to him and vice versa.

He’s a very athletic guy and has a s*x drive that’s usually too much for me to handle. So we usually would do it every 3/4 days. However, he never makes me ‘O’. I never understood why girls would fake it but I’ve found myself doing the exact same thing. Since having my babies I always fake it unless I get the job done myself. And I don’t want to tell him this because I don’t want to shame him and I know he won’t take it very well.

All of this together just makes s*x awkward for me. Every time we do it I just start wondering if my v is whack and all the girls he’s attracfed to etc etc and I just go dry! And the odd time when I am turned on I still go dry!

Anyways for the first time ever I’ve been so turned on all I want is to do it but he just isn’t interested. We did do it 5 days ago but it’s only on his conditions. He’s currently addicted to this childish game on his phone and it’s all he does when he’s at home. He doesn’t show any affection I have sat on the couch next to him for the past 5 nights trying to give him kisses and hugs and play around and he just hasn’t been interested he doesn’t even give me eye contact. Then when he did want to do it at the very end of the night when he had finished his game I just wasn’t even turned on anymore. So we did it and it was quick and I did not enjoy it at all.

I’m just tired of this. If I’m not turned on I’m dry and can barely keep him hard but when I am in the mood he doesn’t care. You might suggest doing sexy stuff or dressing up etc etc but it never works with him and me. I’ve literally dressed up for him before and he left me hanging until he finally came to do it and then could tell he couldn’t get hard I don’t know if it’s stage fright or something. This problem is only with me and I’m just frustrated now. I just want to feel that connection with him again and him to make me O.

Tonight I sat with him again for hours while he just played the game on his phone next to me and then just before bed he tells me to come to bed to have s*x and I just told him like why is it always on his terms. Anyways I come to bed but he’s facing the opposite way across the other side not even grabbed me and hugged me like he usually would. Then I feel his hand touching my shorts to tell me to take them off but I just said ‘you’re not a child if you want something turn over and tell me’. Then he completely ignores me and goes to sleep.

I understand he works hard etc but it’s not tiredness because this is a guy guy constantly on about s*x and constantly attracted and turned on by other girls. He couldn’t even look up at me all night yet when a s*x scene came on tv he instantly looked up.

I just want some advice and suggestions please. What can I do because I actually just want to have a partner that I can grab and kiss and be affectionate with and not always fear rejection. I don’t want to argue about the situation because that will make it worse but if I try to talk about it with him he just can’t even entertain a convo with me so there’s no point.

I’m just mad because the one time I been really wanting it and I’m getting nothing from him and then I’m not gonna be in the mood for it anymore and it will go back to just being awkward again.

i stopped reading here. your post is reallyyy long and i'm tired. but it's pretty clear to me - he's really just not attracted to you. why are you still with him?
If I’m honest, I see him using you as just a sex object. From what I’ve read it doesn’t seem Iike he loves you...most importantly, he is not respecting you at all! Again, if I’m being 100% honest and if I was in your situation, I would leave him. I understand that you have twins with him and it can be a very very difficult decision. If you don’t mind me asking - how does he treat your children? But from what I’ve read this sounds like a very unhappy and toxic relationship.
Thank-you very much for posting this thread.

It's examples like yours that illustrate why I recommend that young adults have 5 or more boyfriends or girlfriends before settling down to having children or marriage.
If you had had 4 or more boyfriends before this one, you may well have seen the warning signs as to how things would work out with him at an early stage. Or you may not have - because some people change with parenthood. And the vast majority of people change their behaviour for the worse after their honeymoon period is over (which usually lasts for 9 to 18 months after starting to live together).

Anyway. I can appreciate that this is a tricky situation.
Ideally it'd be great if you could reignite the passion between you. Or at least move it on to a more steady, loving, caring, long term thing.

From your description, there's the possibility that he's getting his sex from someone else. If not, he's masturbating.

Have you been nagging or criticising him over anything? If so, try your best to stop.

When was the last time you went out on a date? Even if it's something simple like a drink and a bite to eat?

The thing about the bj sounds like complete bs to me. You're too special, and yet he treats you like dirt? Pull the other one!
Sounds like he's making excuses because he's ejaculated recently.

If you are unable to reignite your relationship, it does put you in a bad situation - because of the children.
I've got a feeling that this may be beyond your control. That your partner is already looking to get out of this relationship and that he feels trapped and therefore resentful towards you.

All you can do is give it your best shot and see what happens...
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
It's examples like yours that illustrate why I recommend that young adults have 5 or more boyfriends or girlfriends before settling down to having children or marriage.

Having "5 partners before marriage" isn't good advice. If I've found an incredible person who loves me/makes me feel great, I shouldn't think, "Oh, but maybe there's someone better than that. I'll dump him to find out." I get what you mean that people should learn how relationships work, but in play, it's not practical.

I agree with the rest. He doesn't sound like he loves you and he does not respect you. You need to have a serious talk with him and wonder if you're better off without him.
You were both young when you had children (especially twins), and that's going to put a massive, massive strain on the two of you. Trust me I know, I went through the same with my partner when we had a child together at 21.

You probably don't want to hear it and i'm sorry but it seems a lot to repair. It's possible, but it depends on him realising it. He may do, but it could be too late by then. I really struggled with the breakup with my partner, especially for our child's sake, but coming through the other end it makes me realise how right we were to split up.

All you can do is talk to him about it, but i can unfortunately recognise the signs :/
...troll? I think?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending