yourgaljs
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
This guy crush on me for over 10 years, finally had the gut to express his feelings for me. And i said may be lets try and see what happens? And eventually we were together. But he lives in different city so we were doing long distance but made sure we saw each other once a month. After a while, i felt like he lost focus.. like i live busy life but i would make sure to talk with him. He just seemed bit off so i asked him to may be have think about it and talk with me. That night, he went to a party, comes to me the following day and tells me that he feels like he is not good enough for me and i deserve better. I was shocked, cus he was the one who did not want to leave prior when i tried leaving. Saying that came out of no where...He was saying things like, oh i deserve someone better and that he could not commit at the moment and he is better off where he is.

I just want to know like what actually happened? Or has anyone experienced this before? I am just confused. He did say he loves me and that he is not happy that he is leaving but he has to do it.
Last edited by yourgaljs; 1 year ago
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
Do you love him ?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
If you love him then you both need to talk and tell him how your feeling about him.
And how none of what hes saying matters because you love him just as much as he loves you.
If he rejects than you have at least tried and should move on.
Face time and talk to each other.
Late-night phone calls whatever.
Those moments where you finally see him make it special.
yourgaljs
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
Do you love him ?
uhm, i definitely have strong feelings for him. Possibly working towards that
yourgaljs
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
If you love him then you both need to talk and tell him how your feeling about him.
And how none of what hes saying matters because you love him just as much as he loves you.
If he rejects than you have at least tried and should move on.
Face time and talk to each other.
Late-night phone calls whatever.
Those moments where you finally see him make it special.
But, what if hes made his mind up? He just feels like its good for him as he feels like he is not good enough. My actions showed him how much he means to me. I feel like if he loved me enough, he would make it work at least tried little harder may be?
ThatOldGuy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by yourgaljs)
But, what if hes made his mind up? He just feels like its good for him as he feels like he is not good enough. My actions showed him how much he means to me. I feel like if he loved me enough, he would make it work at least tried little harder may be?
"I'm not good enough for you" is his way of saying "You're not good enough for me."

He's got issues other than 'Not being good enough for you'.
yourgaljs
Rep:
?
(Original post by ThatOldGuy)
"I'm not good enough for you" is his way of saying "You're not good enough for me."

He's got issues other than 'Not being good enough for you'.
You reckon that is what he meant though?
ThatOldGuy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You reckon that is what he meant though?
Dumping someone is tough. If you say "I'm not good enough for you", you deal with confusion and sadness. If you say "You're not good enough for me", you have to deal with anger, sadness and demands to know specifics. "I'm not good enough for you" is a go-to argument for some men to just end a relationship quickly and cleanly without having to justify.
username2393237
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
He took ten years to tell you and now he’s messing you around. A long distance relationship is far from ideal anyway. Not worth the hassle in my opinion.
yourgaljs
Rep:
?
(Original post by ThatOldGuy)
Dumping someone is tough. If you say "I'm not good enough for you", you deal with confusion and sadness. If you say "You're not good enough for me", you have to deal with anger, sadness and demands to know specifics. "I'm not good enough for you" is a go-to argument for some men to just end a relationship quickly and cleanly without having to justify.
thank you for your clarification. I found out he was a ****boy and he cheated on me so not worth it
yourgaljs
Rep:
?
(Original post by YaliaV)
He took ten years to tell you and now he’s messing you around. A long distance relationship is far from ideal anyway. Not worth the hassle in my opinion.
Yeah, not worth it. But why would any guy do that yk?
username47781
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Run
RichPiana
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This guy crush on me for over 10 years, finally had the gut to express his feelings for me.
I stopped reading after this. How does it take you 10 years to ask someone out?
yourgaljs
Rep:
?
(Original post by RichPiana)
I stopped reading after this. How does it take you 10 years to ask someone out?
Well we were small then. We live in different cities. I am 2 years older than him as well. So it took awhile for him to have guts to ask me this is from what hes told me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (144)
42.73%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (39)
11.57%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (28)
8.31%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (72)
21.36%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.09%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (20)
5.93%

Watched Threads