Severe head pain... I’m scared

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m very concerned and I am desperate for some advice. I am a 16 year old female and I keep experiencing this. A very severe sharp pain on the back right side of my head. The pain lasts about 30 seconds and then goes. It’s been happening at least twice everyday for the past 2 weeks. There has been no injury to it. It’s concerning as the pain occurs in the exact same spot every time! I went to the doctors 3 days ago and they just said it may be related to a tender neck?? I was so confused with that assumption. They didn’t seem concerned but I don’t think they understood the severity of the pain when it happens. I literally have to stop what ever I’m doing and hold my head whilst it occurs, but then it will just suddenly stop. Any advice??? Should I be worried??
zombie2233
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don’t think it sounds worrying. It’s probably just nerve pain, I used to get them too. Especially if it’s sharp, sudden and lasts a short time, its probably nerve pain you are experiencing, most likely from a tense neck your doctor has clearly said. Don’t worry
Anonymous #1
(Original post by zombie2233)
I don’t think it sounds worrying. It’s probably just nerve pain, I used to get them too. Especially if it’s sharp, sudden and lasts a short time, its probably nerve pain you are experiencing, most likely from a tense neck your doctor has clearly said. Don’t worry
When did yours stop?!
zombie2233
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
When did yours stop?!
A few months. It’s fine though, it’s not a brain tumour don’t worry. As long as you don’t have other symptoms with it, such as nausea, weakness or anything else, then it’s fine. However, if it lasts for a long time, just keep following your doctor. But remember that doesn’t mean it’s something bad
Anonymous #1
(Original post by zombie2233)
A few months. It’s fine though, it’s not a brain tumour don’t worry. As long as you don’t have other symptoms with it, such as nausea, weakness or anything else, then it’s fine. However, if it lasts for a long time, just keep following your doctor. But remember that doesn’t mean it’s something bad
I have felt quite week recently and I’ve been struggling to concentrate, like if someone’s talking to me I often have to ask for them to repeat it as i can’t actually take it in and register what’s being said. I’m just concerned as it’s in the exact same spot every time.
Welshvisitor
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Go to your GP. TSR isn’t a place for a medical diagnosis.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (139)
14.33%
I'm not sure (42)
4.33%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (289)
29.79%
I have already dropped out (25)
2.58%
I'm not a current university student (475)
48.97%

Watched Threads