alice_moody
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I want to do a title/question on the effect of social media on marketing.
It needs to be an analytical question.

this is my first idea: How has social media had an effect on marketing?

Please could you help me by suggesting ways in which to make this question analytical and able to be answered in 5000 words.

Thank you so much!!
jostephens
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by alice_moody)
I want to do a title/question on the effect of social media on marketing.
It needs to be an analytical question.

this is my first idea: How has social media had an effect on marketing?

Please could you help me by suggesting ways in which to make this question analytical and able to be answered in 5000 words.

Thank you so much!!
Hi, does your school give you a personal supervisor? They should be able to help with this quite a lot. If not, then you should do some specific research into an area of this, because the question is really broad. The best kinds of questions to answer are "To what extent..." because that means you can analyze your ideas further.

Also, what kind of marketing? Is there going to be a time period? You could say "How has social media had an effect on marketing in the past 5/10 years?"

I'm not an expert on this area at all, but I'm doing my EPQ at the moment, and everything's been drilled into our heads over and over again. Think on how to narrow down the question, then do some further research. Have a look on google scholar; that's where academic papers can easily be found, and if you can't find anything on your topic there, then you might need to think of another question, because using academic papers gets you the higher marks often.

Hope this helps!
alice_moody
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thank you so much! That is really helpful!

Yes I do have a supervisor but wanted to see what other people said as well and see what they suggested.

Hope yours is going well!

Thank you so much again for your advice!

(Original post by jostephens)
Hi, does your school give you a personal supervisor? They should be able to help with this quite a lot. If not, then you should do some specific research into an area of this, because the question is really broad. The best kinds of questions to answer are "To what extent..." because that means you can analyze your ideas further.

Also, what kind of marketing? Is there going to be a time period? You could say "How has social media had an effect on marketing in the past 5/10 years?"

I'm not an expert on this area at all, but I'm doing my EPQ at the moment, and everything's been drilled into our heads over and over again. Think on how to narrow down the question, then do some further research. Have a look on google scholar; that's where academic papers can easily be found, and if you can't find anything on your topic there, then you might need to think of another question, because using academic papers gets you the higher marks often.

Hope this helps!
jostephens
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by alice_moody)
Thank you so much! That is really helpful!

Yes I do have a supervisor but wanted to see what other people said as well and see what they suggested.

Hope yours is going well!

Thank you so much again for your advice!
Thank you so much! It can be stressful, but if you do your research early on then it's not too bad.

I hope you find a good topic!
DrSocSciences
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
There is plenty of online guidance about the formulation of academic research questions, which can apply equally to your EPQ. As per the advice above, it's more important that you have access to suitable academic material, that you can handle effectively and persuasively, than it is to produce some original content at this stage.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (91)
42.13%
They're exactly what I expected (51)
23.61%