The Student Room Group

ta work experience at a school?

Hi everyone
I am soon starting a course to train as a teaching assistant and my work coach recommended i get placement at a school for 1 day a week.
What is the best way to ask a school if they can help me for experience?
I have been out of education and work for almost 1.5 years so sending a cv wont really look good. Also im not good at writing so if i can get some tips on what to say i would really appreciate it :smile:
Original post by bigg bowss
Hi everyone
I am soon starting a course to train as a teaching assistant and my work coach recommended i get placement at a school for 1 day a week.
I have been out of education and work for almost 1.5 years so sending a cv wont really look good. Also im not good at writing so if i can get some tips on what to say i would really appreciate it :smile:

Hiya, I once looked into this before choosing another line. If you have local schools what I did was write each one a letter with my details on, explaining what I wanted to do and asking them if they would consider letting me do work experience with them one day a week. They were very accommodating and you will find most love the idea of helping someone get trained x
Original post by bigg bowss
Hi everyone

When I had to find work experience, I wrote an introductory letter to every school in my local area to ask if I could go there. In the letter I introduced myself, what I was studying, why I wanted to volunteer, and what kinds of experience/preferred activities I had. You could probably send the letter via email to each school's office. Attaching an accompanying CV would be a good idea even if you don't have many qualifications - the more they know about you, the better.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending