Access to Health Care Course for Radiography

Watch
katyc22
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, was just wondering if anyone had been accepted into university to do radiography after doing an access to healthcare course. The course does include physiology and units of anatomy.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by katyc22)
Hi, was just wondering if anyone had been accepted into university to do radiography after doing an access to healthcare course. The course does include physiology and units of anatomy.
You should check the entrance requirement of your target uni and also talk to the course provider. They normally require at least 15 credits in science.

Example SHU Diagnostic Radiography.

Access to HE Diploma from a QAA recognised Access to HE course in health studies, health science, nursing or another science-based course. Normally we require 15 credits at level 2 and 45 at level 3 of which at least 30 credits should be graded at distinction level. 18 of the level 3 distinction credits must be from science units.

Liverpool- (not sure where they get 60 credits from.

Essential: 60 credits at Level 3 (all should be new learning, ie. GCSE awards cannot be APL’d against the Diploma). 39 credits passed at distinction with a minimum of 15 out of 39 credits in modules relating to Biology, Maths and Physics. The remaining 6 credits must be passed at merit or higher.

The remaining 15 credits may be gained from ungraded credits at Level 3 and should be from academic subjects. Either another science or additional credits from the subjects stipulated above, 5 GCSE subjects graded A*-C and must include: English Language, Mathematics and Science

Bradford
128 UCAS tariff points from an Access to Higher Education Diploma in Health Professions or Science.

Exeter

Access to Higher Education Diploma to Health Science or Science to include 25 Level 3 credits at Distinction Grade and 20 Level 3 credits at Merits Grade, including at least 15 Level 3 credits at Merit Grade in a relevant Science subject. All other Access to Higher Education Diploma applicants will be required to have grade B in an acceptable GCE AL science subject
katyc22
Rep:
?
For the access course I am doing in Wales it offers a maximum of 45. For example 30 distinctions and 15 merits I have been told
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by katyc22)
For the access course I am doing in Wales it offers a maximum of 45. For example 30 distinctions and 15 merits I have been told
You need science. You need to check that the course you are doing meet the entrance criteria for your target unis. I have a feeling that Liverpool one is out of date.
Last edited by 999tigger; 1 year ago
katyc22
Rep:
?
One the units includes physiology and within this is anatomy. Do you know if that’s enough?
GrobletsBadger
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My access course was aimed at nursing with 30 credits in biology and 15 in psychology. The university I applied to had a strong preference for a biology/physics access (I spoke to the course leader on an open day) but they did offer me an interview (and a place). I did self-directed study in related A-level physics concepts alongside my access course and we did discuss this at interview.

I would enquire directly with the universities you're interested in and go from there - good luck!
Jenks98
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I am currently on an Access to Health Science course. My friend wants to go in to radiography and there was some initial confusion about whether Cardiff Uni would accept an Access course.

She's found out this week she has an interview so it is possible. As mentioned before though some universities will lean towards science content. They can be put off with health care courses as they do not think it has the required amount of science, so check to make sure
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (175)
14.58%
I'm not sure (56)
4.67%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (350)
29.17%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.92%
I'm not a current university student (584)
48.67%

Watched Threads