The Student Room Group

How can I get a grade 8/9 in GCSE Maths?

Hello, I'm in Year 11, I'm doing AQA maths, and I want to have some tips on how I can achieve a grade 8/9?

I am working at a grade 7 btw.
Reply 1
Original post by OkDan_
Hello, I'm in Year 11, I'm doing AQA maths, and I want to have some tips on how I can achieve a grade 8/9?

Make sure you understand everything that you're doing. If there are any methods that you're just following but not really understanding then you'll find it hard to apply your knowledge to grade 8/9 questions. Also do as many questions as you can - the more questions you do, the more chance you will know which route to take when faced with a hard problem.
Original post by OkDan_

GCSE is just repeating over staff
Finish learning all the content as soon as possible from a revision guide like this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/REVISE-Edex...%2C239&sr=8-16

Then, spend the rest of your time doing a lot of practice questions until your actual exam- do mostly grade 7-9 questions so you'll be prepared to answer the questions near the end of the real paper which most students are unable to solve. The marks you get from these questions will really make the difference between grades. :smile:
Original post by Infinite Series
Finish learning all the content as soon as possible from a revision guide like this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/REVISE-Edex...%2C239&sr=8-16

Then, spend the rest of your time doing a lot of practice questions until your actual exam- do mostly grade 7-9 questions so you'll be prepared to answer the questions near the end of the real paper which most students are unable to solve. The marks you get from these questions will really make the difference between grades. :smile:

Original post by Sir Cumference
Make sure you understand everything that you're doing. If there are any methods that you're just following but not really understanding then you'll find it hard to apply your knowledge to grade 8/9 questions. Also do as many questions as you can - the more questions you do, the more chance you will know which route to take when faced with a hard problem.

Original post by JORGELFM14
GCSE is just repeating over staff

Thank you guys, I really appreciate it

Quick Reply

Latest