This discussion is closed.
BxnKxy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I’ve been really struggling with my NEA as ive only had about a year to work on it. I’ve got a great idea, but I’m not sure if it’s too complicated and long winded. If anyone is willing to help in the comments I’d love it, as I’m really panicking as I want a great grade in DT
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would love to help. I got from a 2 to a 8 (mostly through coursework tho)
romiw23
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
would love to help also, if you're taking the AQA course, I got 97/100 on the coursework last year in my GCSEs
BxnKxy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Sorry I’m late to the replies. So my initial idea is a plant pot, which is automated and can be watered at any set time automatically. It uses small solar cells to power, and has a 2L tank of water that can be refilled at any given time. It fits under the “Working towards a sustainable future” topic, and we don’t have to make the exact product, just a rough prototype. Would this be too hard?
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by BxnKxy)
Sorry I’m late to the replies. So my initial idea is a plant pot, which is automated and can be watered at any set time automatically. It uses small solar cells to power, and has a 2L tank of water that can be refilled at any given time. It fits under the “Working towards a sustainable future” topic, and we don’t have to make the exact product, just a rough prototype. Would this be too hard?
Honestly the best advice is to ask your teacher, without seeing the facilities and materials your school/college has available it's hard to say.
99.99% of all designs will be tweaked and adjusted as the design and development goes on, that's the whole point of product design! Providing you are open and adaptive to feedback there is no real reason why you couldnt pursue your idea, you just need to recognise the limitations of a school and find ways around that when you come to it.
khaahm
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hi, im doing aqa and it would be great to get some of your help!
rxhul.l
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi, I'm doing the Design and Technology NEA for 2021 and I'm not really sure how to format my slides can anyone help me please and explain to me what I need to include
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by rxhul.l)
Hi, I'm doing the Design and Technology NEA for 2021 and I'm not really sure how to format my slides can anyone help me please and explain to me what I need to include
Have you had a look at the exam board markscheme and asked your teacher? Himynameisdaisy might be able to offer some advice, i did AQA (not sure what your exam board is) GCSE but it was a few years ago now and the spec may have changed

You might find this thread helpful
DOOODARS
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
Have you had a look at the exam board markscheme and asked your teacher? Himynameisdaisy might be able to offer some advice, i did AQA (not sure what your exam board is) GCSE but it was a few years ago now and the spec may have changed

You might find this thread helpful
More than happy to help, I also did AQA. Specification for a level has slightly changed due to covid (all making skills marks are removed and part of the evaluation is removed) I assume it’s the same for GCSE
de poj
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by rxhul.l)
make your own layout layout as in place random boxes on your slides and as you work on them keep changing them till they meet an standerdable level you can google some examples
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (73)
38.22%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (19)
9.95%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (12)
6.28%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (47)
24.61%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
13.09%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (15)
7.85%

Watched Threads