The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Recommended Accomodations for Strathclyde?

I'm hunting day and night to find accommodation, as the 45 train commute isn't too fantastic, I feel... I'm currently a first year at University of Strathclyde. I'm getting the maximum bursary/student loan, so I'm getting £750 a month.

Every time I think I've found somewhere decent, there's hellish reviews, but I've left it so late as I thought commuting wouldn't be so bad. =\

At first I wanted a studio, because I'm a mature student whose also quite introverted, but I see they're actually a little too expensive actually.

Sigh! It's looking bleak, and my patience for my hard to deal with family is getting more and more strained. Anyone have any good suggestions for accommodation? Even if I need to keep an eye on them, people are bound to drop out...
Hi @Ashfire45,

I know how hard commuting can be as I'm also 45/50 minutes coming to work! Out of interest have you spoken to the accommodation team here at Strathclyde to see if they can offer some advice? They also have contacts within the private sector so can maybe even pass on some details. Please feel free to email them on [email protected]. Best of luck! Hopefully you find something soon :smile:

Karen Robley
Official University of Strathclyde Rep.
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
There are some cheap studios in a complex on Blackfriars street which come up fairly often and would just about fit in your budget, particularly as there's an Aldi just downstairs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending