imaccstressed
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Maths, English Literature, French and Spanish.
Do you think these are good A Levels? Where do you think they would take me?
Or do you think I should stick with the normal path of Biology, Chemistry and Maths for Medicine?
casabonita
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
the first options are good a levels for other subjects, but if you want to do medicine, i think almost all unis want chemistry a level!
amelia_jasinski
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
https://university.which.co.uk/a-level-explorer
type in the first set of a-levels you listed on this website and it will give you degree choices that you can do with them
imaccstressed
Rep:
?
(Original post by amelia_jasinski)
https://university.which.co.uk/a-level-explorer
type in the first set of a-levels you listed on this website and it will give you degree choices that you can do with them
Thanks I've already used that, just wanted some opinions!
Maximus 190
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Why aren’t you taking biology or chemistry? Do you not enjoy them? If so then why do you want to take medicine?
If you really want to do medicine then I don’t think your choices will be very good.
imaccstressed
Rep:
?
(Original post by Maximus 190)
Why aren’t you taking biology or chemistry? Do you not enjoy them? If so then why do you want to take medicine?
If you really want to do medicine then I don’t think your choices will be very good.
I'm not really into the sciences. I'm considering taking it because I've been told that doing medicine and becoming a doctor is really good pay and I could get a job anywhere. I don't know what I want to do as a career so it's either the first choice or the other :/
swanseajack1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by imaccstressed)
I'm not really into the sciences. I'm considering taking it because I've been told that doing medicine and becoming a doctor is really good pay and I could get a job anywhere. I don't know what I want to do as a career so it's either the first choice or the other :/
if your note into sciences medicine is not for you. Look into other careers. For example taking Maths opens up options in Accountancy, Economics, Computer Science etc. With your subjects you could look into Law, Journalism, Librarianship Interpreter etc.
Maximus 190
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by imaccstressed)
Do you have anyone you can talk to about careers at school? If you don’t enjoy science then I don’t think you will enjoy medicine. Life isn’t about the pay of your profession. Further more, medicine isn’t the only good paying career.
imaccstressed
Rep:
?
(Original post by swanseajack1)
if your note into sciences medicine is not for you. Look into other careers. For example taking Maths opens up options in Accountancy, Economics, Computer Science etc. With your subjects you could look into Law, Journalism, Librarianship Interpreter etc.
(Original post by Maximus 190)
Do you have anyone you can talk to about careers at school? If you don’t enjoy science then I don’t think you will enjoy medicine. Life isn’t about the pay of your profession. Further more, medicine isn’t the only good paying career.
I just don't want to regret my choices. and I feel like with my subjects it'll either go really bad or really well
swanseajack1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
The problem is that there isnt a right or wrong choice of subjects and a right or wrong career. Medicine is a very well paid profession but careers like Law, Economics and Engineering can be well paid as well. If your go for Medicine you will have sciences for 2 years for A level and a further 5 years before you qualify. Throughout your career you will have science involvement as well. If you want to go into medicine it has to be something you really want. You are going to need really high grades at A level in sciences. It is very important you enjoy the subjects you take as you will be likely to achieve better grades. Nobody can really tell you what to do as we dont know you but if you dont enjoy a subject dont take it and let your career take its own course when you are older.
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
You can’t do medicine without biology and chemistry a level, and you shouldn’t want to do it just for the salary. It’s a lot of bloody hard work until you die.
imaccstressed
Rep:
?
(Original post by swanseajack1)
The problem is that there isnt a right or wrong choice of subjects and a right or wrong career. Medicine is a very well paid profession but careers like Law, Economics and Engineering can be well paid as well. If your go for Medicine you will have sciences for 2 years for A level and a further 5 years before you qualify. Throughout your career you will have science involvement as well. If you want to go into medicine it has to be something you really want. You are going to need really high grades at A level in sciences. It is very important you enjoy the subjects you take as you will be likely to achieve better grades. Nobody can really tell you what to do as we dont know you but if you dont enjoy a subject dont take it and let your career take its own course when you are older.
Thanks. I appreciate that no one can tell me what to do but it's the first of many big educational decisions and I hope my subjects will do me justice
Maximus 190
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
If you enjoy your choices then keep with them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (256)
33.82%
No (501)
66.18%

Watched Threads