The Student Room Group

GYG: Can I get 4 A* in biology, physics, chemistry and maths and what's next?

Grow your grades with me :biggrin:

My name's Anaya and I'm taking Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology at A-levels.

These subjects are what are considered facilitating subjects and should allow me access to both engineering and medicine courses, since I love science but cant decide between the two career paths right now.

I'm in my first year of sixth form and so far the jump between years hasn't been quite as horrific as the stories I'd previously read on The Student Room.

I was very bad at working independently during my GCSEs and rarely turned in my homework but I've noticed a significant rise in the amount of work I do at home and have been managing this increase in workload pretty well due to my schools timetable, where most days we end by around 1pm.

(edited 3 years ago)
Omgash I'm in yr13 but do all your subjects apart from physics ... I do further maths instead. Well done with your gcses and yh it's true the jump from gcses to yr12 really isn't as bad as what everyone makes it out to be!

Good luck with those exams! End of unit tests aren't too important but it is nice doing well in them. I'd say for maths, bio and chem (and I'm guessing physics too) just do a whole load of past paper questions. Go on physicsandmathstutor and go to the questions by topic page and practise those.

Also if you don't mind me asking ... why are you stuck between engineering and medicine, I get that they're both really interesting fields but what's stopping you from choosing one instead of the other?
Reply 2
Original post by FlawlessChicken
Omgash I'm in yr13 but do all your subjects apart from physics ... I do further maths instead. Well done with your gcses and yh it's true the jump from gcses to yr12 really isn't as bad as what everyone makes it out to be!

Good luck with those exams! End of unit tests aren't too important but it is nice doing well in them. I'd say for maths, bio and chem (and I'm guessing physics too) just do a whole load of past paper questions. Go on physicsandmathstutor and go to the questions by topic page and practise those.

Also if you don't mind me asking ... why are you stuck between engineering and medicine, I get that they're both really interesting fields but what's stopping you from choosing one instead of the other?

Thank you for the tips! I love your username lol!

I'm stuck because I'm really passionate about biology and the human anatomy, I'm just not entirely sure whether I am cut out for the high stress situations a job in medicine requires. No one in my family has ever gone into medicine, my parents are both engineers so I have a lot of experience and opportunities helping in their companies. I really enjoy physics too, which I wouldn't be able to pursue in a medical degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending