The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey :smile: not sure if I should apply as I am worried about the entrance exam in November! What are your thoughts?
Sent my application in at the weekend. Good luck everyone applying!

Original post by jwp111
Hey :smile: not sure if I should apply as I am worried about the entrance exam in November! What are your thoughts?

I'm worried about this too... but I'm trying to start prep early! Are you applying elsewhere too?
Reply 3
You can’t get an offer if you don’t apply soooo... apply and give the exam a go 😬 be confident in yourself !
Original post by jwp111
Reply 4
Original post by TheMolarBear
Sent my application in at the weekend. Good luck everyone applying!

I'm worried about this too... but I'm trying to start prep early! Are you applying elsewhere too?

Yeah I will be using all 4 choices, are you applying anywhere else?
Great to hear you're all interested in studying at UCLan! Let us know if you have any questions :smile:

Ryan
Original post by jwp111
Yeah I will be using all 4 choices, are you applying anywhere else?

No, just UCLan for me. Are you applying to undergrad as well then? :smile:
Reply 7
No, just UCLan for me. Are you applying to undergrad as well then? :smile:

Yeah I will be applying for two grad and two undergrad :smile:
Hey guys, I applied last year and I am starting Sept 2020, let me know if you have any questions, I know how stressful applying is! Good luck :-)
Original post by laurajayne95
Hey guys, I applied last year and I am starting Sept 2020, let me know if you have any questions, I know how stressful applying is! Good luck :-)

Hi!:wink:
Where did you apply and what UKCAT score did you get?
Also are you applying as a graduate?

I’ve sent you a PM ☺️☺️
Original post by Sara1498
Hi!:wink:
Where did you apply and what UKCAT score did you get?
Also are you applying as a graduate?

Hi there!
I applied at UCLan, Aberdeen, Liverpool and KCL. Only place I didn’t get an offer was KCL but I didn’t go to my interview in the end...
I can’t remember my UKCAT but it was in the top 5% for last year and I got Band 1 SJT. I got a 2:1 in my undergrad though and my GCSE’s and A-Levels were average. My offer for UCLan was for 2020 so I decided to work this year and save some money. I did get into Aberdeen and Liverpool for 2019 but actually waiting a year suited my plans in the end :-)
Hi there!
I applied at UCLan, Aberdeen, Liverpool and KCL. Only place I didn’t get an offer was KCL but I didn’t go to my interview in the end...
I can’t remember my UKCAT but it was in the top 5% for last year and I got Band 1 SJT. I got a 2:1 in my undergrad though and my GCSE’s and A-Levels were average. My offer for UCLan was for 2020 so I decided to work this year and save some money. I did get into Aberdeen and Liverpool for 2019 but actually waiting a year suited my plans in the end :-)

Thank you very much!
Hey guys did anyone else get an invitation to the entrance exam today? 😊
Does anyone know how they shortlist people to attend the entrance exam?
Original post by ciaraglennon

Yes I got an invite too ☺️☺️
Yes I got an invite too ☺️☺️

Congratulations!! 🎉🎉
Did your invites come through the post ?
Mine came via email
Reply 18
Original post by ciaraglennon

Yep I got the invite! :smile:
Now to freak out about revision :biggrin:
Reply 19

Hi Laura, any insight you could give about the entrance exam? Just wondering what kind of depth of knowledge is required for the prior learning subjects. :s-smilie: