I want to be a physician associate, What A level subjects should i be doing?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
elena2003
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I want to be a physician associate, What A level subjects should i be doing? I'm thinking of doing Biology,Psychology but i'm stuck on my third subject.(I don't want to do chemistry)
Mae-lisa
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Your third subject doesn't have to directly relate to your course. What subjects did you like in GCSEs and which ones did you do well in?
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by elena2003)
I want to be a physician associate, What A level subjects should i be doing? I'm thinking of doing Biology,Psychology but i'm stuck on my third subject.(I don't want to do chemistry)
As far as I know, only UCLan offers Physician Associate Masters as an undergrad.
https://www.uclan.ac.uk/courses/mpas...te-studies.php

For all other PA courses, you'd have to do another degree before doing a Masters in PA for 2 years. So just do A-Levels in subjects that can lead to biomedical sciences / biochemistry / neuroscience etc.
Last edited by ecolier; 1 year ago
za45
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
you can do btec level 3 health and social care aswell not just a levels, my friend is a pa from doing hsc
elena2003
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mae-lisa)
Your third subject doesn't have to directly relate to your course. What subjects did you like in GCSEs and which ones did you do well in?
I enjoyed and did well in sociology and RE however i don't think these would be helpful to do at a level
Undergrad PA
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey, I’m in year 13 and I applied to Reading University to do the 4 year undergraduate Physician Associates course and I got an offer. And I study BTEC
Undergrad PA
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Heya just wanted to update, I got an offer at Reading uni to study the Physician Associates course. 😁
elena2003
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tenacity Deshad)
Heya just wanted to update, I got an offer at Reading uni to study the Physician Associates course. 😁
congrats xx
prabhzeeee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey, I’m in year 13 and I applied to Reading University to do the 4 year undergraduate Physician Associates course and I got an offer. And I study BTEC
hi just wondering is this course covered by student finance.
prabhzeeee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
congrats. just wondering if student finance fund this course
Undergrad PA
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by prabhzeeee)
congrats. just wondering if student finance fund this course
Yes, it is funded by student finance
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
https://www.reading.ac.uk/pharmacy/p...rogrammes.aspx
Shayneli
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hey I’m interested in also doing this course. Did you get into the 4 year undergrad course or the 2 year postgrad course ???
Hellohsjakodsmka
Badges: 21
Report 9 months ago
Congratulations!!!! :yay::woohoo:
Undergrad PA
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Shayneli)
Hey I’m interested in also doing this course. Did you get into the 4 year undergrad course or the 2 year postgrad course ???
Hey I got into the 4 year undergraduate course.
Shayneli
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hey please respond I really want to know if you got into the post grad or undergrad course at Reading
Undergrad PA
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hey please respond I really want to know if you got into the post grad or undergrad course at Reading
So sorry about the late response, Yes I got into the undergraduate (4 years) course at Reading.
Undergrad PA
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Looking back i did reply to your comment 2 months ago aswell
Shayneli
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Looking back i did reply to your comment 2 months ago aswell
Lol I didn’t even realise 😭 and no I haven’t joined the course as I’m in year 13 but I am going to apply for it. It’s my first choice uni. I have to make two different personal statements as I’m applying to two different subjects
ruu22
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by prabhzeeee)
hi just wondering is this course covered by student finance.
is btec science like gcse science and is it hard also is pa studies competitive to get into
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (271)
75.91%
No (86)
24.09%

Watched Threads