I want to be a physician associate, What A level subjects should i be doing? Watch

elena2003
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I want to be a physician associate, What A level subjects should i be doing? I'm thinking of doing Biology,Psychology but i'm stuck on my third subject.(I don't want to do chemistry)
Mae-lisa
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Your third subject doesn't have to directly relate to your course. What subjects did you like in GCSEs and which ones did you do well in?
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by elena2003)
I want to be a physician associate, What A level subjects should i be doing? I'm thinking of doing Biology,Psychology but i'm stuck on my third subject.(I don't want to do chemistry)
As far as I know, only UCLan offers Physician Associate Masters as an undergrad.
https://www.uclan.ac.uk/courses/mpas...te-studies.php

For all other PA courses, you'd have to do another degree before doing a Masters in PA for 2 years. So just do A-Levels in subjects that can lead to biomedical sciences / biochemistry / neuroscience etc.
Last edited by ecolier; 3 months ago
za45
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
you can do btec level 3 health and social care aswell not just a levels, my friend is a pa from doing hsc
elena2003
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Mae-lisa)
Your third subject doesn't have to directly relate to your course. What subjects did you like in GCSEs and which ones did you do well in?
I enjoyed and did well in sociology and RE however i don't think these would be helpful to do at a level
Tenacity Deshad
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey, I’m in year 13 and I applied to Reading University to do the 4 year undergraduate Physician Associates course and I got an offer. And I study BTEC
Tenacity Deshad
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Heya just wanted to update, I got an offer at Reading uni to study the Physician Associates course. 😁
elena2003
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Tenacity Deshad)
Heya just wanted to update, I got an offer at Reading uni to study the Physician Associates course. 😁
congrats xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

What's stopping you doing a masters?

It's too expensive (48)
23.19%
My career doesn't need one (28)
13.53%