This discussion is closed.
Jack-Norrie
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey.
I'm really struggling on picking which university I should go to for Music Production. I would like a university that offers both technical and performance elements as I feel that the overall experience will grant me the best value for my career as a producer. Grades aren't an issue, my predicted grades are A* in Music Technology (Production), A* in Biology and A in film studies. The uni's that I have narrowed it down to are:

-Huddersfield Creative Music production
-Huddersfield Music Technology and Audio systems
-Leeds College of Music - Music Production
-UCA - Music Composition and Technology
-Leeds Beckett Uni - Music Production

Could anyone give me any other suggestions for uni's and or give advice on which ones of the list would put me in best standing for want I want to get out of univercity?
University of Huddersfield
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jack-Norrie)
Hey.
I'm really struggling on picking which university I should go to for Music Production. I would like a university that offers both technical and performance elements as I feel that the overall experience will grant me the best value for my career as a producer. Grades aren't an issue, my predicted grades are A* in Music Technology (Production), A* in Biology and A in film studies. The uni's that I have narrowed it down to are:

-Huddersfield Creative Music production
-Huddersfield Music Technology and Audio systems
-Leeds College of Music - Music Production
-UCA - Music Composition and Technology
-Leeds Beckett Uni - Music Production

Could anyone give me any other suggestions for uni's and or give advice on which ones of the list would put me in best standing for want I want to get out of univercity?
Hi Jack-Norrie

How are you?

We're so happy you're considering the University of Huddersfield for further study.
The best thing I could recommend would be to go to each of your options, visit them on an Open Day and ask lots and lots of questions. This will help you to see the facilities available to you in the future, get a feel for the campus and surrounding area, but also to chat to current students in the music field.

If you'd like to book on an Open Day with us, please feel free to do so here: https://www.hud.ac.uk/open-days/undergraduate/

And in the meantime, if you have any questions about the Huddersfield area or about the University, please feel free to give me a shout.

Speak soon,
Harriette
SteveF1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There is also “Sound Engineering and Music Production” a BSc course at the University of Huddersfield worth considering. It is a popular music based course, offering lots of modules spanning the technical and creative..mixing, mastering, production, live. If you wanted a little more technical content (eg. Acoustics, audio plugin dev, dsp) then the “Music Technology and Audio Systems” course which you’ve mentioned will provide this. It also contains modules covering mixing, mastering, live, production and more.
Last edited by SteveF1; 1 year ago
welcometotherock
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Surrey - Creative Music Technology but it might be too composition/performance weighted for you

Birmingham Conservatoire/Birmingham City University Music Technology Cross faculty programme
Jack-Norrie
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by SteveF1)
There is also “Sound Engineering and Music Production” a BSc course at the University of Huddersfield worth considering. It is a popular music based course, offering lots of modules spanning the technical and creative..mixing, mastering, production, live. If you wanted a little more technical content (eg. Acoustics, audio plugin dev, dsp) then the “Music Technology and Audio Systems” course which you’ve mentioned will provide this. It also contains modules covering mixing, mastering, live, production and more.
Thanks for the info, that was one of the courses I was thinking for applying for, in fact, the ones I’ve decided to apply for via UCAS are that, music production at Leeds College of Music and Sound tech at LIPA. The only question I have about the sound engineering and music production course would be if there is any modules which would be synthesiser related? Just cause I’m a very heavy synth geek
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (41)
32.03%
No - I have already returned home (16)
12.5%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (27)
21.09%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (10)
7.81%
No - I live at home during term anyway (34)
26.56%

Watched Threads