How early should I start revising for GCSEs?

Watch this thread
Bazinga1001001
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have Computing and RE as early entries this year in Year 10 and was wondering when I should start revising to achieve grade 8s or 9s.
blackthrn
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
RE is pretty much a free 9 as the grade boundaries are always so low, I did it in year 11 albeit with no revision and got a 9. I didn't do computing GCSE, although I know even some of the best computer science people I know found it very difficult when it came to the exam so I'd start revising earlier for that
username4855894
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Bazinga1001001)
I have Computing and RE as early entries this year in Year 10 and was wondering when I should start revising to achieve grade 8s or 9s.
Like the guy above me said, RS(RE) is quite easy. I’d still work for it if I were you, but half of it is common sense (I revised the night before and still did well)
username3318492
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I don't know much about the new GCSEs as I did mine before they got significantly harder, and even then I started revision as early as possible. I did RE for GCSE and I didn't find it that hard so I prioritised the harder subjects. I'm guessing computing is harder (I didn't do it) so start revision as early as possible for computing, but don't neglect RE too much to avoid any surprises in the paper
Good luck!
username4215606
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
you don't need to worry too much about re. i personally revised the night before and got a 9!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (18)
18.95%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (33)
34.74%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (5)
5.26%
Speaking to staff members from universities (2)
2.11%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (9)
9.47%
Reading articles about what steps to take (18)
18.95%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (4)
4.21%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
6.32%

Watched Threads