Philemon4
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
How do you revise lit because you dont know what questions will come up so how do you revise it and how can u ensure that when you are revising you ensure u covered all the areas because what if in an exam u revised but u become unlucky and they ask about a question completely different?
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Philemon4)
How do you revise lit because you dont know what questions will come up so how do you revise it and how can u ensure that when you are revising you ensure u covered all the areas because what if in an exam u revised but u become unlucky and they ask about a question completely different?
Learn:

-the characters of each novella or play
-important chapters/scenes
-the prologue
-themes
-the meaning behind it
-relationships with characters
-quotes!

Each question will either have a theme or about a character.
Fosbourne85
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Philemon4)
Make mindmaps of each theme and character.
Pick the most important quotes from the texts and put them on the mindmaps with short key bits of analysis.
For each character make a subheading of how a character is presented, so when i did my GCSEs and i did Romeo and Juliet , the nurse for example, I came up with different adjectives for how she is presented like wise or as a mother figure and under that all the possible quotes that back this up so you’re totally prepared.

Hope this helps
entertainmyfaith
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
you just need to be prepared the best you can in your revision- if an awful theme or character was to come up in the exam, chances you won't be alone when finding the question difficult so try not to worry too much. of course, it's better if you're prepared for as many possibilities as possible.
flashcards are great for quotes, you can create your own or there's tons of sets available on quizlet (dependent on how popular the text is though)- learn a few lines of analysis with each as it'll make your life so much easier when talking about them in your essay.
mindmaps, bullet points or posters on each character and theme- include quotes and semi-decent analysis but condense information down. you don't want to be learning huge paragraphs.
and of course exam practice. do essays in complete timed conditions, timed with open book, untimed but closed book... just keep practising so you can nail the essay technique and develop a good writing style- strong voice, easy flow etc. hand them into your teacher to mark so you can see where to improve.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (225)
67.57%
No (108)
32.43%

Watched Threads