Carlos Victory
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hello,
I'm an international student, I enrolled in the foundation program for Software Engineering in Liverpool John Moores University but I live in Manchester.

I think it may be challenging so I need a savior to tell me from his or her experience, etc, better Universities offering Software Engineering either in Manchester or closer to Manchester.

Thanks in advance...
Carlos Victory
Rep:
?
(Original post by ltsmith)
University of Manchester, University of Southampton, University of Edinburgh, ... there are many
Thanks Itsmith, due to the international fees I will be paying, I am considering Manchester Metropolitan University and Salford University in Manchester, which of the two options will be better please? In terms of Software Engineering, commitment of lecturers to studies and better studying experience.
Carlos Victory
Rep:
?
okay, what do you think of Liverpool John Moores University for Software Engineering? I have gotten admission there, I'm thinking of switching because I live in Manchester. Do you think the quality is worth sacrificing for or I rather switch to Salford?
Carlos Victory
Rep:
?
Okay, sorry for asking much. This is my future, which do you prefer among the 3 options? LJMU, Salford Uni. or MMU in Software Engineering for International student?
University of Salford
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi Carlos Victory,

We are grateful that you are interested in studying Software Engineering with us and we are happy to pass on a bit of information about the course to help you make your decision!

First of all our software engineering course is industry-designed and accredited by the British Computer Society meaning you will be equipped with fantastic, advanced computer knowledge. Throughout the three years on the course, you will be introduced to programming, theory and practice behind website design and development, database management as well as the opportunity to take on modules such as 'Mobile Development', 'Computer Graphics' or 'Virtual Reality and 3D Games'.

If you study with us, you will be introduced to real-world projects and industry connections which will give you a chance to flourish and network - students from the School of Science, Engineering and Environment have made us winners of the Manchester Hackathon two years in a row! We are also connected to the Greater Manchester Cyber Foundry project and championed by Mayor Andy Burnham's team. (You can read more about that here: http://www.salford.ac.uk/business/cyber-foundry)

Student life is incredibly exciting at Salford as well with our Students' Union right on campus where regular events are held including the International Cafe, club nights, thrift shop pop-ups and karaoke night! The city centre of Manchester is only a 20-minute walk or 10-minute bus ride away from campus as well.

If you have any more questions about Salford, do feel free to get in touch with us on our social media platforms or contact the international enquiries team on [email protected]!

Regards,
Helena
Student Social Media Assistant
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (191)
59.87%
No (70)
21.94%
Not sure (58)
18.18%

Watched Threads