The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yep :biggrin: I have 2,000+ plus songs on my 20gb 4g iPod and it is virtually permanently attached to me...so this is what it's like to be in love
Reply 2
Or not.
Get something thats worth your money.
Reply 3
mine too!! i love it!! i have 3500 on mine!! it can hold 10,000 but i dnt think it will be goin anywhere near there
Reply 4
u jokin!! best thing my dad has ever spent his money on!
Reply 5
You should have researched them and found one with a bigger HD and better reliability
Reply 6
Luize
You should have researched them and found one with a bigger HD and better reliability

*sigh* yeah yeah, it's the 'cool' thing to slag off iPods - so what if it isn't the best player on the market? The battery life is too short, and they can be unreliable - but in all honesty who cares when they're just so damn sexy...
Reply 7
I wish i had one :frown:. I have a sh*tty little mp3 player that only holds 24 songs! :eek:
Reply 8
Surely it would be the 'Cool' thing to have one. especially as you have one mainly because it is sexy.
Personally I prefer my things to work and not have minor problems with them. It does seem silly to me to pay so much money for something which you can get the same and more for a lot less in better quality.
Reply 9
Luize

I wouldn't waste my time, were I you.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t74123.html

It pains me to acknowledge that the "Voice of Reason" is not something which would appear to register on their audible spectrum. Nevertheless, they paid their way, and are thus quite entitled to whatever ephemeral satisfaction it affords them. Although, in fairness, were I intending to lighten my wallet to the tune of two or three-hundred pounds for the sake of some shallow, superficial enjoyment, I would've cut to the chase and indentured a hooker for the evening. Well, it's their prerogative.
Reply 10
I have never seen the point of Ipods. You can just get a cd player that will play mp3's and then put all your mp3's on a cd...
Reply 11
Moncal
I have never seen the point of Ipods. You can just get a cd player that will play mp3's and then put all your mp3's on a cd...

It's hard to fit a CD player in smaller pockets (although most are just about possible in jeans)
An mp3 player just makes it easier as they are generally smaller then a fag packet.
Reply 12
Moncal

At 10-15 mp3s to a CD? Good luck.
Reply 13
Profesh

Do you really need 1000 songs?
Reply 14
Profesh

Well actually its 650-700Mb on a cd which is about 200 songs (depending on the bitrate) per CD. There are such things are MP3-CD playes which are portable CD players that can read MP3s directly written onto a CD (as a data disc as opposed to an audio disc.)
Reply 15
visesh
Well actually its 650-700Mb on a cd which is about 200 songs (depending on the bitrate) per CD. There are such things are MP3-CD playes which are portable CD players that can read MP3s directly written onto a CD (as a data disc as opposed to an audio disc.)

What the other guy said. To me, an mp3 player embodies the ultimate in portable convenience.
Reply 16
Moncal
Do you really need 1000 songs?

When since was it ever a question of "need"?
Reply 17
i have one. its nice, its useful, its not worth the money tho :smile:
Reply 18
Profesh
Correct. However, in order for the CD to function on any such device (mp3-CD players included) it must be compiled as "audio", and not "data", which imposes a nominal threshold of approximately 80 minutes. God only knows why, but that's the way it crumbles.

Then why do I have 163 songs playing through my MP3CD player now? :confused:

EDIT: I think you mean that some CD players can play CDRs, which therefore means that they are limited to 72 or 80 minutes.

EDIT EDIT: have a look at for example.this
Reply 19
visesh
Then why do I have 163 songs playing through my MP3CD player now? :confused:

EDIT: I think you mean that some CD players can play CDRs, which therefore means that they are limited to 72 or 80 minutes.

That may have been my apprehension, yes. Apologies; I didn't peruse your previous post quite thoroughly enough before composing that response.

Latest

Trending

Trending