Help. Kind of failing AS biology Watch

Sailor girl
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I started AS biology this year and this is fine, but we got given a test the other day and I got 5/15 so my teacher is 'concerned' about me even though I am working my arse off. The test was virtually just on mitochondria and magnification questions. So I got most things wrong. Can anyone teach me how to do the magnification questions?!?! PLEASE
Anonymous__02
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I just started as bio this year to . How tf have you already reached magnification and mitochondri? We’re only on biological molecules , it isn’t that hard
Sailor girl
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous__02)
I just started as bio this year to . How tf have you already reached magnification and mitochondri? We’re only on biological molecules , it isn’t that hard
I have 2 teachers doing 1 topic with each. And I didn't think that everything else was difficult, just this bit
Nour M.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Essentially, what you need to remember is the formula for magnification. Get it down and you'll find all magnification questions much simpler. I like to use I AM triangle. Cover the variable you're trying to find with your finger and then use the other two to calculate the answer. If the uncovered variables are on the same level multiply; if one is higher than the other then divide. It's very straightforward and it'll definitely help you if you ever forget.
Last edited by Nour M.; 2 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (146)
19.44%
Labour (382)
50.87%
Liberal Democrats (104)
13.85%
Green Party (38)
5.06%
Brexit Party (10)
1.33%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.4%
SNP (14)
1.86%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.4%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.8%
SDLP (1)
0.13%
Ulster Unionist (4)