Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I've settled in at Brunel for a week now and I feel a bit uncomfortable being the only one that got good grades out of everyone, in fact, a lot of people I have asked got in after doing college. Most universities didn't accept me through clearing.
The courses seem quite different between RHUL and Brunel...
... so even though it's very late is there anything I could do to make the switch or does anyone recommend not to?
Brunel is a lot lower on the league tables than RHUL
Anything on the matter would be greatly appreciated
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
"Most universities didn't accept me through adjustment" not clearing
I don't want to come across as arrogant, I am just worried and hope that Brunel can secure me a good future and if not then what can RHUL offer that's better ?
Tex01Willer
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What is your grade buddy? Did you get into RHUL now?
cheerIeader
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
the word 'royal' just gives it that WELL factor compared to trashy brunel 100th on the league tables.
you know what you gotta do tonight hunny. go higher up.
Tex01Willer
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
see my previous post. This year admission process at RHUL seem to be a mess!. It gave me a hint that I should stay at my insurance instead. (lack of TSR advice on time was another issue, I had to stay safe!).
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
As a first year at RHUL I wouldn't think twice about switching from Brunel to RHUL. The university has a much better reputation for computer science and in my opinion looks to have more valuable course content than Brunel, and more specifically so for information security which I went for (choosing RHUL as my firm over Computer Science at Bristol and Cyber Security at Warwick, either of which I could've attended with my grades). However, reputation does not mean as much as you think it does as what you can do at the end of the day is what an employer will either hire you or fire you for. Changing university at this stage -- whether it's to Cambridge or London Met means you will not have had the same chance to meet people during freshers' week as others have, and you will likely secure a less pleasing accommodation.

The user above regarding the admission process seems to have had a bad experience with clearing/adjustment admissions however it should be expected that going via those methods will not be as smooth as having had RHUL as a firm/insurance choice, especially this late you will have missed a lot of admin such as enrolling and learning how the university systems work. The user above has also complained about not being able to receive advice via TSR, however it should be reasonably seen that on the university website there is a whole section dedicated to talking to current students at https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/chat/ and that if you would like a response in a shorter time frame it is better to go through more official methods such as calling the university's admissions office.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
7.01%
They might tell the bully (32)
9.76%
I don't think they'd understand (48)
14.63%
It might lead to more bullying (124)
37.8%
There's nothing they could do (101)
30.79%

Watched Threads