Piruleta1995
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi all!

I need to Do a presentation for spanish on a spanish/hispanic topic. Im really struggling for ideas, can anyone help please?

I want it to be something interesting so I can keep everyone engaged, and something I can talk about for at least 10-15 minutes, as this will form part of my spanish oral exam at the end of the year.

Someone from my class has done their presentation on racism in football.
jostephens
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Piruleta1995)
Hi all!

I need to Do a presentation for spanish on a spanish/hispanic topic. Im really struggling for ideas, can anyone help please?

I want it to be something interesting so I can keep everyone engaged, and something I can talk about for at least 10-15 minutes, as this will form part of my spanish oral exam at the end of the year.

Someone from my class has done their presentation on racism in football.
Hi, people in my year at the moment are doing it on the exhumation of Franco, animal rights in Spain, bullfighting, how Catalonia wants to be separate from Spain, and I'm doing mine on La Ley Mordaza. Bullfighting is interesting, but a lot of people do that, although it's really current and easy to find information on.

Hope this helps!
Piruleta1995
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by jostephens)
Hi, people in my year at the moment are doing it on the exhumation of Franco, animal rights in Spain, bullfighting, how Catalonia wants to be separate from Spain, and I'm doing mine on La Ley Mordaza. Bullfighting is interesting, but a lot of people do that, although it's really current and easy to find information on.

Hope this helps!
Hi jostephens,

Thanks for your suggestions!
Catalonia wanting to be a separate state sounds interesting too, but what’s la ley mordaza?
jostephens
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi jostephens,

Thanks for your suggestions!
Catalonia wanting to be a separate state sounds interesting too, but what’s la ley mordaza?
Hi!

The law is really controversial in Spain. It was created in 2015 and doesn't allow protests outside of Government buildings, and people can be arrested if they take pictures of police. It's really interesting, but it's not very current.

If you want to do some extra reading around a subject, I would really recommend it!
Piruleta1995
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by jostephens)
Hi!

The law is really controversial in Spain. It was created in 2015 and doesn't allow protests outside of Government buildings, and people can be arrested if they take pictures of police. It's really interesting, but it's not very current.

If you want to do some extra reading around a subject, I would really recommend it!
Hi jostephens,

So I struggled to find information on Catalunya (there's plenty of information, however, there's a lot of history behind it which I don't have much time for) so I decided to do my presentation on Francisco Franco instead.

I have a few questions and I was wondering if you'd be able to help as I'm struggling to come up with answers for these:

1. How did Franco help Spain's economy?
2. Do you think Spain has somewhat benefited from having Franco as a dictator?
3. Do you think Franco is still an important figure today? Why?

Also, just so I can get your own personal opinion, do you think there's any similarities between Franco and Adolf Hitler?

I read somewhere online that Franco and Hitler secretly had a meeting?

Many thanks,
DeliaMoreno
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hola,
My god, this is such controversial topic. It still hurts too many Spaniards, specially those that have their grandparents´and greatgrandparents´bodies dumped into cunetas of roads or fosas comunes in graveyards. Let me answer in Spanish:
No, Franco no benefició la economía de España en absoluto. España volvió a la oscuridad económica con Franco tras el desarrollo que trajo la Repúlica, ya que él quería una economía autárquica , un país autosuficiente, basado en la agricultura y donde los terratenientes y la clase alta eran los únicos beneficiados. La población vivía con miedo y el progreso se estancó. Sólo a finales de los 50, hubo cierta apertura y los turistas trajeron aires nuevos a la economía española.
No other European country has a dictator buried in a big mausoleum and worshipped. (Not for long though) So, yes he was important for some, who thought or still think that Spain was a better country with him in power. Not for young people though. Some have no idea of whom he was. For Spain, in order to start a democracy and make progress, it was necessary to hide some things under te carpet and uncover them progressively. Hopefully, when Franco´s body is removed from el Valle de los Caídos, one big step will be made to bring peace to those tortured, killed and missing by Francos´s forces.
Yes, Hitler and Franco had a secret meeting . Franco acordó que ayudaría a Hitler en parar el avance del comunismo y Hitler ofreció a Franco la legión Cóndor, que bombardeó , entre otras poblaciones, la de Guernica, en País Vasco, causando una terrible masacre entre la población civil. Tema doloroso pero apasionante.
Saludos .
Luisillo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi piruleta

Im from Spain and if you want special info about any topic in Spain tell I´ll help you

send me a private and I help you
jostephens
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi jostephens,

So I struggled to find information on Catalunya (there's plenty of information, however, there's a lot of history behind it which I don't have much time for) so I decided to do my presentation on Francisco Franco instead.

I have a few questions and I was wondering if you'd be able to help as I'm struggling to come up with answers for these:

1. How did Franco help Spain's economy?
2. Do you think Spain has somewhat benefited from having Franco as a dictator?
3. Do you think Franco is still an important figure today? Why?

Also, just so I can get your own personal opinion, do you think there's any similarities between Franco and Adolf Hitler?

I read somewhere online that Franco and Hitler secretly had a meeting?

Many thanks,
Hi! Sorry for the long wait, I've been really busy with Uni stuff. I think these questions are pretty good, but you need to make sure that you have two sides to argue, and in your two main newspaper articles need to argue these different opinions. My friend is doing some stuff on the exhumation of Franco, as in should they have left him in the shrine, or is his body being moved to a city a good idea? This is really current and going to be easy to find lots of information on. Your question could be something along the lines of did Spain make the right decision?

Another possible question could be does Franco still have an impact on Spain today, but you'll have to do the research.

I'm not sure if the question about him and Hitler is a good idea, because you want to focus completely on Spain.

Hope this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Has your university offer been reduced?