Turn on thread page Beta

whats the speed at which cancer grows? watch

ReputationRep:
    just wondering i mean if you had a tumour will there be a noticable difference of size in a week?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    just wondering i mean if you had a tumour will there be a noticable difference of size in a week?

thanks
    depends. some can spread fast, others take time. They usually grow a bit each week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)

thanks
    What kind of tumor does the hypothetical person have and where is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    depends. some can spread fast, others take time. They usually grow a bit each week
    do you know a lot about this stuff lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    do you know a lot about this stuff lol
    yeah, my sister had it so i got to learn a lot about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moncal)
    What kind of tumor does the hypothetical person have and where is it?
    its in his/her *cough* neck lol. just above the collarbone, theyve been to the doctors and been told its just a gland and have been given antibiotics though they think its got bigger. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I think glands can get bigger.
    In glandular fever I think they swell or it might be mumps...either way they swell.
    If it isn't cleared up by the time the antibotics have run out they should go back to the doctor. (thats what I would do)

ReputationRep:
    yeah, my sister had it so i got to learn a lot about it
    ok sorry i just need some info on it but its ok if you prefere not to discuss it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    ok sorry i just need some info on it but its ok if you prefere not to discuss it
    i dont mind talking about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    its in his/her *cough* neck lol. just above the collarbone, theyve been to the doctors and been told its just a gland and have been given antibiotics though they think its got bigger. :cool:
    everyone gets those - its when the gland swells up!!!
    dont worry so much!

(go and see a doc if it doesnt go after a couple of months)

ReputationRep:
    ok im actually talkin about myself lol but wondered what cancerous lumps feel like compared to benign. im not sure whether its in a lymph gland or not but i know its a lump thats got a bit bigger even though ive been taking antibiotics :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    ok im actually talkin about myself lol but wondered what cancerous lumps feel like compared to benign. im not sure whether its in a lymph gland or not but i know its a lump thats got a bit bigger even though ive been taking antibiotics :confused:
    sometimes the lump can be bumpy. When you feel it bits are higher than others and bits are smaller. i would suggest get it sorted coz if it is in your gland it could be very serious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    i had lumps on both sides on my neck (just above collar bone)
    i think you're worrying too much about this - they go after a few months

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiksilver)
    could you see them slightly in the mirror if you strained slightly to make them near the surface? also did the lumps move around? were you on antibiotics sorry bout the questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    could you see them slightly in the mirror if you strained slightly to make them near the surface? also did the lumps move around? were you on antibiotics sorry bout the questions
    my sister had the same thing a few months after me and she was prescribed antibiotics - i however managed to 'survive' without any
    it was just about possible to move them around, but they got quite large and since attached to the gland meant that they were fairly secure.

ReputationRep:
    my sister had the same thing a few months after me and she was prescribed antibiotics - i however managed to 'survive' without any
    it was just about possible to move them around, but they got quite large and since attached to the gland meant that they were fairly secure.
    hmm i really hope its what youve described, although ive no infection and feel well so theyve not swollen due to illness :confused: its funny its just on one side sorta at the side of my neck (but nearer front than back) were you ill at the time? ok i'll shut up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    hmm i really hope its what youve described, although ive no infection and feel well so theyve not swollen because im ill :confused: were you ill at the time? ok i'll shut up
    no i was perfectly fine - tbh, i dont see how antibiotics would help :confused:
    hope they go soon!

good luck!

etc

ReputationRep:
    no i was perfectly fine - tbh, i dont see how antibiotics would help :confused:
    hope they go soon!

good luck!

etc
    ok thanks for ya help

ReputationRep:
    Don't mean to be nosy but she's still alive, right?

ReputationRep:
    What u described sounds like mumps. I also had them when i was a kid and they are highly virul. thats y ur sister got them after u. Thats not much to worry about unless they get really big and if that happens it becomes difficult even to swallow food. I am not a doctor but alio's hypothetical person also seems to have the same thing. And they also grow pretty quickly. Alio stay away from her until she gets cured or u might have those too. Unless u had them already. Its like chicken pox. :eek:

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.