The Student Room Group

Feeling down because of acne

Or whatever is going on on my forehead and face

It looks like it has gotten slightly worse after taking the cream the doctor prescribed (I apply it conservatively and did once every few days to start).

Man i get that it takes a lot of time but I feel like the more I try to take care of my skin and get into a routine nothing changes. I’ve been trying since last April and I am turning 21 next week
I used to hate looking in the mirror cos of my acne. Hated it. Sadly it can take a while to get rid of it. I tried some ditterent creams etc that just made it worse or had no effect. If you've tried a few different things already then maybe ask your doctor about Roaccutane? Cleared my skin right up.
Original post by Precious Illusions
I used to hate looking in the mirror cos of my acne. Hated it. Sadly it can take a while to get rid of it. I tried some ditterent creams etc that just made it worse or had no effect. If you've tried a few different things already then maybe ask your doctor about Roaccutane? Cleared my skin right up.

I think I have acne and PIH. PIH takes long but I feel like I’ve had it for atleast 2 years lol.

I tried applying sunscreen everyday but it would just make my skin oily and sweaty and so I’ve given up now especially as it’s not as sunny anymore.

I don’t mind acne. But I care now because I feel like it’s impacted my confidence

I have tried AHA for PIH and BHA for things like blackheads. No change at all. So decided to be more natural just using cleanser every am and pm, sunscreen and moisturiser and now the medicine my doctor gave me
Original post by SuperHuman98
I think I have acne and PIH. PIH takes long but I feel like I’ve had it for atleast 2 years lol.

I tried applying sunscreen everyday but it would just make my skin oily and sweaty and so I’ve given up now especially as it’s not as sunny anymore.

I don’t mind acne. But I care now because I feel like it’s impacted my confidence

I have tried AHA for PIH and BHA for things like blackheads. No change at all. So decided to be more natural just using cleanser every am and pm, sunscreen and moisturiser and now the medicine my doctor gave me

AHA contains salicylic acid, which is something that makes me break out, so it might be the same for you?
Original post by NotNotBatman
AHA contains salicylic acid, which is something that makes me break out, so it might be the same for you?

Today I looked in the mirror and felt worse but I haven’t used AHA in like 2 weeks. I’ve given up with acids tbh and my doctor said there’s no point it’s just time
Reply 5
Did you try retin-a? It works for me very well. Not superfast, but it really helps :u: ! So happy I found "Qacne365" in Google and got the treatment.
(edited 4 years ago)
sad truth is that it's cause it predominantly hormonal/genetic and can't be cured with creams. there are preventative methods, creams and minor surgeries (that you can enquire about with a gp) that reduce it's effect but they take several months and aren't complete fixes

on a bright note, there are plenty of people around who (i find) get around acne with good presentation. nice/styled hair and a good dress sense improve anyones' look if you ask me
My acne has been ok. Before I used to break nearly all of the spots on my chin, cheeks, forehead and temple. But I have stopped. So far no signs of scars but will I definitely get scars??
Original post by LandonJ
Did you try retin-a? It works for me very well. Not superfast, but it really helps :u: ! So happy I found "Qacne365" in Google and got the treatment.

Clearly advertising; googling that leads you to https://qacne365.blogspot.com, which then directs you to a bogus website with illegal affiliate links, which has also been posted on many other forums presumably by a bot. These websites are mirrored and designed to look legitimate, but they are all bogus, don't use them, it's dangerous.

I stopped using AHA and BHA like 2 weeks ago and I noticed my skin getting worse recently
https://imgur.com/a/TLPWNTc

This is what I am dealing with...

Original post by FlyTooHigh
My acne has been ok. Before I used to break nearly all of the spots on my chin, cheeks, forehead and temple. But I have stopped. So far no signs of scars but will I definitely get scars??

Original post by HoldThisL
sad truth is that it's cause it predominantly hormonal/genetic and can't be cured with creams. there are preventative methods, creams and minor surgeries (that you can enquire about with a gp) that reduce it's effect but they take several months and aren't complete fixes

on a bright note, there are plenty of people around who (i find) get around acne with good presentation. nice/styled hair and a good dress sense improve anyones' look if you ask me

Original post by Precious Illusions
I was prescribed Accutane by a dermatologist and it all went away in 3 months and never came back. Although there are a few side effects you should be aware of. (well maybe the odd 1 or 2 every few months or so.) Not sure about the PIH though

Quick Reply

Latest