The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Erasmus modules/accomodation

Hi! I will be doing an Erasmus next semester (Spring 2020) and I have a few questions.
First I study English literature and I'm only going to be able to take 2 modules, because I only can take 30ETCS per semester.My question is the work that you have to do to be able to pass the module, is really that big that you deserve 15 ETCS credits. (At my home university every lecure is only 5 ETCS)

Secondly, I have a problem with accomodation, I will be living with my boyfriend so I suppose I can't take any accomodation on campus right? since he is not a student. Do you have any recommandation for me to find a good place to live? it will be only one semester, or maybe do you know about someone who is renting a double room for a reasonable price.

Thank you!!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi! I will be doing an Erasmus next semester (Spring 2020) and I have a few questions.
First I study English literature and I'm only going to be able to take 2 modules, because I only can take 30ETCS per semester.My question is the work that you have to do to be able to pass the module, is really that big that you deserve 15 ETCS credits. (At my home university every lecure is only 5 ETCS)

Secondly, I have a problem with accomodation, I will be living with my boyfriend so I suppose I can't take any accomodation on campus right? since he is not a student. Do you have any recommandation for me to find a good place to live? it will be only one semester, or maybe do you know about someone who is renting a double room for a reasonable price.

Thank you!!

Hi there!
So pleased to hear you're coming to study at Kent for a term :biggrin: If you have any questions about your modules during your term at Kent then it would definitely be worth asking the Eurasmus team at Kent as they will be able to answer your questions the best. Here is their email address; [email protected]
In terms of accommodation, you will most likely have to find accommodation off-campus if you would like to live with your boyfriend, as I don't believe there are any options for double rooms for short-term students. But, it could still be worth asking the accommodation office about this in case you are able to get a place on campus, as that could be a lot more convenient especially if you're only here for a term :smile:
If you would like to/end up needing to, find accommodation off-campus then it could be worth taking a look at some of the private halls in Canterbury as they may offer short-term room lets. A couple of the private accommodation names I know of are; Canterbury Student Village, Palamon Court, Pavilion Court and Parnham Student Village. Another good place to find accommodation is on the University of Kent's official fresher's Facebook page for 2019 as a lot of people post spare rooms and room swaps on there! Here is the link to the Facebook page.

I hope that this helps :biggrin: Please feel free to ask if you have any other questions, I'm happy to help where I can!
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending