The Student Room Group

Higher history essays

So basically I have been set a history essay and I’m very confused and don’t know where to start does anybody have any ways they can show me to start a essay or a example essay on either how to what extent was prejudice and racism a reason for changing attitudes towards immigration in the 1920’s or
“To what extent was the need for labour on West Indian plantations the reason for the development of the Atlantic Slave Trade”
Any help would be very very appreciated IM DESPERATE RIGHT NOW
Hi

Is this for GCSE or A-level?

to what extent was prejudice and racism a reason for changing attitudes towards immigration in the 1920’s" - regarding this question, unfortunately I have never studied this period so I can´t give specific content advice. However, you asked about writing the beginning of the essay. This question essentially asks you to look at the different reasons for the changing attitudes, one of which was prejudice and racism. I suggest doing a quick mindmap/list of the other reasons for the changing attitudes, and then plan you essay according to these different reasons. In your introduction, I would say something along the lines of "there were various reasons for the changing attitudes.....a key reason was the prejudice and racism (detail)...however, it could be argued that (another reason) was the more important factor". The Introduction does not need to be particularly long, maximum 2/3 sentences. Once you have introduced your argument, delve into the first reason in your paragraph - so explain and analyse how prejudice and racism led to changing attitudes, then counterargue this in the next paragraph with another reason.

Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending