xxjessxx20
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
What are sociology and psychology a level like? What are the exams like? The content and things to remember for the exams
alexandria51201
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I take both of these subjects at A level (just started year 13) and I love them! Personally psychology is my favourite as it’s more science but both are really good A levels to have!
xxjessxx20
Rep:
?
(Original post by alexandria51201)
I take both of these subjects at A level (just started year 13) and I love them! Personally psychology is my favourite as it’s more science but both are really good A levels to have!
Can you tell me a bit about them. Like the questions I’ve mentioned above
alexandria51201
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by xxjessxx20)
Can you tell me a bit about them. Like the questions I’ve mentioned above
Psychology:

Studying the mind pretty much. Topics include things like attachment, social influence, biopsychology, approaches, psychopathology, memory, aggression, schizophrenia etc.
Has basic maths in like statistics and graphs and percentages, stuff you learn in GCSE so if you’re not great at maths then don’t let it put you off. Also has basic GCSE biology in it like nervous system, endocrine system, neutrons, and then stuff about the brain in year 2 which is more advanced by again nothing that you can’t handle if you have a good basis in biology. My favourite A level subject by far.
Most amount of marks for a question is 16 which is an essay, Has multiple choice questions, labelling diagrams etc.

Sociology:
Studying society. Topics include families and households, religion, crime and deviance, education, policy etc. No science or maths questions. Most amount of marks is 30, also 20 markers and 10 markers, 4 markers as well (I think). Very interesting subject.
xxjessxx20
Rep:
?
(Original post by alexandria51201)
Psychology:

Studying the mind pretty much. Topics include things like attachment, social influence, biopsychology, approaches, psychopathology, memory, aggression, schizophrenia etc.
Has basic maths in like statistics and graphs and percentages, stuff you learn in GCSE so if you’re not great at maths then don’t let it put you off. Also has basic GCSE biology in it like nervous system, endocrine system, neutrons, and then stuff about the brain in year 2 which is more advanced by again nothing that you can’t handle if you have a good basis in biology. My favourite A level subject by far.
Most amount of marks for a question is 16 which is an essay, Has multiple choice questions, labelling diagrams etc.

Sociology:
Studying society. Topics include families and households, religion, crime and deviance, education, policy etc. No science or maths questions. Most amount of marks is 30, also 20 markers and 10 markers, 4 markers as well (I think). Very interesting subject.
Thank you so much. This helped a lot
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (44)
18.57%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (68)
28.69%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (89)
37.55%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (30)
12.66%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (6)
2.53%

Watched Threads