Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Is this a good laptop?
https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/comput...92736-pdt.html
JJJJJAAAAMES
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
What do you think of this one: https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/comput...94135-pdt.html
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Don't buy from Currys!

Buy direct from manufacturer, with a reasonable discount. Or buy off ebay. Or get a laptop for free.

And get a laptop that's appropriate for your needs. So far you haven't mentioned what applications you want to run on it. You also haven't mentioned your preferences on the size / weight / portability / durability / cost compromise.
JJJJJAAAAMES
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
You are like a goldmine for knowledge on computing
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
i am somewhat of a computer wizz, and yet one thing that has always baffled me is this concept of needing a dedicated gaming laptop for gaming. I remember in the late 90s playing Doom without a problem on my old Windows 98 desktop and GTA Vice City on my Windows XP laptop.

Whilst these 2 games are clearly lower quality graphics compared to most games today, that is matched by those computers' processors/hard drives being only a fraction as powerful as low end non-gaming computers today. So why wouldn't this Dell be able to cope?
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
That is exactly why you should never buy from Currys! Underlined, with flashing lights and cherries on top!

They are too expensive!

When you visit any store, you are under no legal nor moral obligation to buy anything that you handle or ask an assistant about.

Corporate laptops tend to be sold with 3 years engineers call out warranty. This is better than 12 months return to store warranty.
Having an engineer that will come to your home or university department to fix your laptop is better than having to go to a shop to get it fixed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (227)
67.76%
No (108)
32.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed