Im_stuck_
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I have taken Geography since I was in S1 and I am still continuing to take the subject on to AH level this year in S6 though I am doing this I have decided to crash into Higher History after never taking this class before it is only 7 weeks into the year and I am already finding it extremely difficult it has stressed me out big time and I have only had 2 essays and a bunch of questions I have been told by my friends that if I am this stressed and stuck this early in it will only get harder so has anybody taken higher history after not ever taking it before and has any advice or can tell me if it is a good idea to just drop the class instead of making it harder on myself
thistle03
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Im_stuck_)
So I have taken Geography since I was in S1 and I am still continuing to take the subject on to AH level this year in S6 though I am doing this I have decided to crash into Higher History after never taking this class before it is only 7 weeks into the year and I am already finding it extremely difficult it has stressed me out big time and I have only had 2 essays and a bunch of questions I have been told by my friends that if I am this stressed and stuck this early in it will only get harder so has anybody taken higher history after not ever taking it before and has any advice or can tell me if it is a good idea to just drop the class instead of making it harder on myself
Hello!

I'm not sure if this is entirely what you meant, but I crashed Higher History last year (S4) and somehow managed to get an A1 (still in shock as I found it quite hard and was convinced I would just scrape an A2).

I did do History from S1-3 but honestly I don't think I learnt much/that it was that useful.

I think the main question to ask yourself is: do you enjoy the topics? We did Migration and Empire (my least favourite but still okay) for Source Qs and Britain (quite good) and Germany (very interesting!) for essays. On the whole I enjoyed it so revision wasn't a huge chore. If the subject doesn't particularly interest you, then you might be better off dropping it. That said, however, if you commit to it and work hard I'm sure you could do well. At the beginning of the year it can be a bit overwhelming, but once you get used to the structure of Source Qs/essays it gets a lot easier!

Hope this is helpful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Chester
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19
  • Kingston University London
    All faculties involved Undergraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (152)
53.52%
18-20 years old (no) (34)
11.97%
20-25 years old (yes) (45)
15.85%
20-25 years old (no) (4)
1.41%
25-30 years old (yes) (19)
6.69%