help with GCSEs / what to choose for a-levels

Watch this thread
lenahol
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
so i’m doing my GCSEs this year, and i don’t know when to start proper revising, since some people have started already. i also don’t know how to revise for certain subjects such as geography, spanish, english. for science i make flashcards but i don’t know how to organise them for other subjects if that makes sense?

i also have to start thinking about what i wanna do for my a-levels. i’m predicted 6s, 7s and an 8 for my GCSEs. i’m thinking about doing law but i’m not really sure about the whole course (so if someone could explain it i’d appreciate it) and i either want to do physics, chemistry, biology or psychology but i don’t know which one will me most useful? and i’m thinking about doing english lit but i dunno if it’s a good choice ahah, any help/advice will be appreciated!
Grizwuld
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
when to start proper revising - when ever you want - after you have sorted a revision timetable & work schedule

how to revise for certain subjects such as geography, spanish, english - just adapt the flash card idea. Diagrams perhaps for geography. Use different size cards. For Spanish vocab English on one side Spanish on the other and fold vertically (same side). Learn verbs via headphones on buses & trains. Same for English grammar. Write short stories, précis news pieces etc.

Find a Spanish friend - you teach English & they teach Spanish

Search online for tests and exercises. You Tube similar but also ides and tips.

"A" Levels research the specifications for the subjects you will be thinking about.
Anholm
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by lenahol)
so i’m doing my GCSEs this year, and i don’t know when to start proper revising, since some people have started already. i also don’t know how to revise for certain subjects such as geography, spanish, english. for science i make flashcards but i don’t know how to organise them for other subjects if that makes sense?

i also have to start thinking about what i wanna do for my a-levels. i’m predicted 6s, 7s and an 8 for my GCSEs. i’m thinking about doing law but i’m not really sure about the whole course (so if someone could explain it i’d appreciate it) and i either want to do physics, chemistry, biology or psychology but i don’t know which one will me most useful? and i’m thinking about doing english lit but i dunno if it’s a good choice ahah, any help/advice will be appreciated!
Es util para hacer preguntas de examenes anteriores con las respuestas para comprender mejor lo que quieren los examines
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (84)
19.18%
The paper was reasonable (167)
38.13%
Not feeling great about that exam... (118)
26.94%
It was TERRIBLE (69)
15.75%

Watched Threads